Talk

Advanced search

Private endocrine doctor in NW recommendation

(4 Posts)
79andnotout Wed 28-Aug-19 15:13:24

Hi, I was previously diagnosed and treated for Grave's disease with carbimazole seven years ago but I now have Hashimoto's, of which I started Levothyroxine three months ago. I just had a repeat of my bloods and TSH is going down (now 5 down from 11), but my TPO has gone from 350 to >1000 (ref range <30 is normal). My GP isn't interested in the TPO (it was my fertility clinic that requested it) and I've not been referred to an endocrinologist, so want to go privately to discuss how best to manage the auto immune aspect.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an endo in the NW (or even London, as I could combine with seeing family)?

Thanks!

InMySpareTime Tue 15-Oct-19 15:19:18

Dr Mukherjee at the spire Manchester is a good BUPA endocrinologist. She got me a diagnosis for ME/CFS after I'd been bounced from department to department in the NHS.

RoseyOldCrow Sun 20-Oct-19 15:31:24

I second Dr Mukherjee, she is an amazing Endocrinologist & a fantastic person.
Also available via Salford Royal Hospital.

79andnotout Mon 21-Oct-19 21:53:47

Thanks! I had seen her profile at Spire and wondered if she was any good. I'll get in touch.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »