Talk

Advanced search

Just been diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. Please help me understand this..

(3 Posts)
Rosielee93 Fri 03-May-19 12:33:11

I have just been told by my haematologist consultant my blood results have come back with a positive lupus anticoagulant result meaning i have been diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. I have already had two life threatening blood clots in my life and im only 25. She wants to see me in the next 2 weeks to discuss what she wants to do. How bad is this? Does anyone else have this?

DellaPorter Sun 12-May-19 00:58:25

Yes, quite a few people around with it.

There is a good forum on HealthUnlocked.

If you have had two clots already, it cN only he good to get a diagnosis and treatment. Although long term anticoagulation is a bit of a pain, it’s worth it to control symptoms and prevent recurrence.

X

GnomeDePlume Sun 09-Jun-19 16:30:01

@Rosielee93 just seen your post.

I was diagnosed with APLS a few years ago. Been on warfarin ever since. Living on warfarin is fine. You have to be a bit careful with what you eat/drink. Once your target INR is reached on the whole the blood tests become less frequent.

Warfarin won't mean you won't get clots. Makes them less likely.

It is worth getting to know about APLS. Knowledge amongst doctors can be variable.

Unfortunately warfarin is contra indicated for a lot of medicines.

Best wishes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »