Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just won my PIP appeal!

(22 Posts)
Falconhoof1 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:50:53

Hi! I'm so happy-i just won my pip appeal for standard rate daily living. I have MS and was thinking I had lost it when the tribunal had finished their questions- but was so surprised to find I hadn't! Hopefully that's a bit of a positive story for all of you going through the same.

OurMiracle1106 Fri 09-Feb-18 15:53:39

Congrats.

Redhound Fri 09-Feb-18 15:53:51

Oh well done! Not in your position but pleased for you!

MavisPike Fri 09-Feb-18 15:54:26

well done you !
such a horrible thing to go through

Traffig Fri 09-Feb-18 16:06:04

Well done you. It's a really stressful thing to go through which won't have helped your health one bit. So pleased to read your news.
I hope that you have a restful weekend. flowers

Falconhoof1 Fri 09-Feb-18 16:37:20

Thanks everyone! It has been stressful and glad it's all over now (for a couple of years anyway).

INeedToEat Fri 09-Feb-18 17:17:57

Congratulations Falcon!

Do you mind me asking what it is (physically) you got the award for ? I've just been diagnosed with MS and epilepsy and am interested in how severe the effects have to be to claim.

smurfy2015 Fri 09-Feb-18 17:23:56

Well done, partners forms went off about 10 days for the transition from DLA to PIP and my form for same lies at some point in the future, not looking forward to it at all. Delighted for you smile

Agerbilatemycardigan Fri 09-Feb-18 17:25:05

Well done! What an amazing relief for you OP!

PerkingFaintly Fri 09-Feb-18 17:26:00

Oh fantastic news.flowers

Falconhoof1 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:28:10

Hi ineedtoeat
I have dizziness, balance issues and fatigue. Also bowel problems.

INeedToEat Fri 09-Feb-18 19:52:21

Thank you Falcon. Please excuse my complete ignorance (and ignore if it's too much of a personal question) but I don't really understand PIP or the process... if you take dizziness for example - why does it mean that you need money to help with something? Does that male sense ?

Falconhoof1 Fri 09-Feb-18 20:04:16

There are descriptors that you have to look at and see if you have difficulty with any. Dizziness means I need a seat to shower and help with cooking. Have a look on a disability website for the descriptors and points.
Hope you're ok.

INeedToEat Fri 09-Feb-18 20:09:30

Ahh ok. Thank you. Could you suggest a good site for me to read please ?

Falconhoof1 Fri 09-Feb-18 21:53:20

Benefitsandwork.co.uk is good

INeedToEat Fri 09-Feb-18 22:33:59

Thank you !

BigbreastsBiggerbeard Sat 10-Feb-18 23:24:45

Congratulations smile So pleased you got your award (though sorry that you're ill and need it)

PIP is a nightmare - it's lovely to hear some positive results!

ilovetvandchocolates Thu 07-Jun-18 18:46:36

Can I ask you how long it took for you pip payments to be payed out to you? Just gone through the same thing as you but got a letter saying that DWP have applied for a statement of reasons for the decision made. It's such a setback and don't have the energy for it!

SluttyButty Fri 08-Jun-18 19:32:40

Ah well done. Mine is up for renewal and the forms have arrived. Despite the fact I've got further evidence to back myself up from my consultant and ot, I'm still crapping myself they won't continue it. It's been such a help at buying stuff that's made my life easier and able to do things myself.

I'll be sending my renewal forms back on Monday, I'll be a gibberish wreck until I hear back from them confused

Oblomov18 Fri 08-Jun-18 20:21:22

Congratulations.

The whole thing is disgusting. Disgrace.

Penfold007 Fri 08-Jun-18 20:28:21

Congratulations !!!!

fleshmarketclose Fri 08-Jun-18 20:31:31

Well done! My dsis has MS and is wheelchair bound despite 400 pages of supporting evidence the assessor gave a report resulting in her losing all PIP when she had been receiving enhanced mobility and standard care. DWP didn't even bother attending Tribunal and her award was reinstated but she had experienced nine months of being house bound. It's an absolute bloody disgrace that people are being treated like this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: