Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Steroid injections

(8 Posts)
carbon60 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:05:37

hi
Consultant has booked me in for 2 weeks time for steroid injections in both wrists (RA related)
Has anyone any experience of these? He said at least 2 days no driving. Not looking forward to it, but the prospect of less pain will make it bearable I'm sure!

MollyHuaCha Sat 21-Oct-17 17:48:30

You should see a lovely improvement afterwards. smile

carbon60 Sat 21-Oct-17 18:15:06

Thanks Molly that's what I'm hoping for!

AFingerofFudge Sat 21-Oct-17 18:33:12

Definitely worth it from my experience. But I did regret it for about 2 days afterwards as the pain got worse for 2 days and I was really upset and then on the 3rd or 4th day I woke up and felt amazing.

pancakesfortea Sat 21-Oct-17 18:35:04

It's not nice. But I've had a really big benefit from them. I haven't really had problems afterwards (eg that would have stopped me driving) but it's not pleasant going in.

Trippy4 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:29:42

Felt so much better about a week after mine in shoulders .Wasn't painful but probably an easier area to inject than wrists .

Floralnomad Sat 21-Oct-17 20:34:09

I've had them in my shoulders and a foot , although not for arthritis . It's painful at the time but not too bad , I've always driven straight away but perhaps it's different for wrists .

carbon60 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:05

Thanks for the replies :-)
I've had pain in my wrists since January this year, so if it works it'll be worth a day or twos discomfort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now