Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rheumatoid Arthritis

(3 Posts)
CrazyPyjamas Mon 29-May-17 20:09:11

I have just seen a rheumatologist who has told me she thinks I have RA based on her examination of my hands and my ANA (1 160). I don't know why, but I expected there would be more to it before such a diagnosis was made. Has anyone else had anything similar? I already suffer from Sjogren's, Raynauld's, SLE and Fibromyalgia, so maybe it is to be expected that a more thorough investigation wouldn't take place.

Has anyone else been diagnosed based on just an examination?

JessicaEccles Thu 01-Jun-17 16:46:05

Yes. They then went back and looked at my blood tests and realised a marker had been there all along! I think it's to do with the joints being inflamed, rather than just the skin tightening.

I also have scleroderma and fibromyalgia- so not such a surprise I suppose.

CrazyPyjamas Thu 01-Jun-17 20:33:55

Sounds like it could be similar to you then. In fairness, my hands do hurt and I have struggled to use a fork for certain meals without being in pain for a long time. I wonder if they will look back at historic blood tests and markers then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now