Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had this?

(4 Posts)
mytimewillcome Sat 13-May-17 12:59:09

I have diabetes, vitiligo and eczema when stressed which is why I am posting in this forum.

For the past week my head has felt odd. I think it's my brain. I thought I felt off balance because I had an ear infection. It's that type of feeling. I've been to the doctor and they can't see an infection in my ear even though it hurts. My brain feels like it's under pressure and I can only sleep with two pillows under my head.

I've had tests recently because I've had diarrea a few times a week for a while. I thought it was food poisoning but it's obviously not. All my tests have come back negative.

I actually can't drive now because I feel I wouldn't be able to react quickly enough. I haven't been given anything to take i.e. antibiotics so I don't know what to do. I'm quite scared by this. The doctor didn't know what it was and told me to come back in a week.

I've never had this before. I'm a single parent with two children and I've got my sons birthday party to host in a weeks time and I need to feel better.

Thanks.

tormentil Sat 13-May-17 13:05:02

If you have had diarrhoea your gut flora might be off balance, contibruting to your general feeling of being off balance. It might be worth taking probiotics to see if that improves things.

flumpybear Sat 13-May-17 13:07:10

Look up labyrinthitis it may be that?

mytimewillcome Sat 13-May-17 16:12:32

It could be either. I've started taking paracetamol and that has helped but I think I will take some probiotics as well. Not sure there is anything you can do about labyrinthtitus except let it pass. It's a very odd sensation. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now