Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone on Ivig?

(6 Posts)
weegiemum Tue 02-May-17 11:48:53

I have monthly Intravenous Immunoglobulins for CIDP, a demyelinating polyneuropathy which is autoimmune. Just wondered if anyone else has had this treatment?

lborgia Wed 17-May-17 08:26:16

No, but my dad had it for his AI, and I know that it is only used in very special cases as it's very expensive - how many have you had? Do you feel any different for having had it? Dad's was constant for a few days, and then that was it - have they said what the impact is supposed to be?

Just thought I'd answer as it can be a bit lonely with these things.. sorry if I'm not much use.

Penfold007 Wed 17-May-17 08:31:29

My mum has acquired immunodeficiency (AID) and has weekly subcutaneous infusions at home that DSIS and I take turns to do.

Penfold007 Wed 17-May-17 08:35:11

If you do Facebook have a look at UK PID Patients

mouse12 Sat 27-May-17 18:52:35

Hi, my husband had it 3.5 years ago when he was diagnosed with GBS. It seemed to really help. Have you looked at the GAIN website/facebook page (http://www.gaincharity.org.uk / www.facebook.com/gaincharity) - its a great forum and I suspect many have experienced IVIG. goo luck - I hope it helps.

mouse12 Sat 27-May-17 18:53:12

* Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now