Talk

Advanced search

Looking to get an au pair for the first time

(7 Posts)
TheweewitchRoz Thu 11-Jan-18 23:25:04

As title says, looking to get our first ever au pair but don't know where to start! We need one to start in September - how do we find one (which agencies should we use), when should we start looking, what should we be looking for etc? TIA

surlycurly Fri 12-Jan-18 22:09:07

There are lots of options but I used an online service called au pair world. It's quite cheap and I had lots of applications as it's a busy site. I'm on au pair no 5 now and we've had a mix of nationalities and English levels. HTH

Blessed81 Sun 14-Jan-18 02:13:47

SurlyCurly

My boyfriend is looking for an Au Pair too but finding it hard since his kids are 12 years old. How old are yo kids?

surlycurly Sun 14-Jan-18 07:53:53

My two are 11 and 13. I also offer less hours than most families because of their age and therefor pay less. I do have a great language school that I pay for so that's a big incentive. But generally I find being really honest and acknowledging that older kids are less work in many ways does help attract au pair's that really want to learn the language.

TheweewitchRoz Sun 14-Jan-18 09:11:50

Thank you!

Blessed81 Sun 14-Jan-18 10:01:57

SurlyCurly

Thanks for yo feedback.

surlycurly Sun 14-Jan-18 10:32:00

No worries- good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now