Talk

Advanced search

Au pair not being paid

(7 Posts)
bevelino Mon 29-May-17 15:20:22

My dd is an au pair in Spain and her contract is due to end very shortly. The family have been good towards her and she has worked very hard with the children (one of whom has very challenging behaviour) and has been no trouble herself at all.

Today dd has let me know that the family have not paid her for 3 weeks and she is now scared to ask for it. The family pay her €70 per week and I have said to her that she must ask for the money.

Does anyone have any experience of this they can share or advise dd what she should say?

SouthPole Mon 29-May-17 18:22:09

Can I have the money I am owed please?

WellErrr Mon 29-May-17 18:25:48

When are you going to pay me?

bevelino Mon 29-May-17 18:46:21

Dd is feeling really awkward about asking for the money but I have advised her to ask. I am very disappointed with the parents placing dd in this embarrassing situation.

I will check with dd tomorrow to check whether she has actually asked.

Mamabear12 Sun 04-Jun-17 10:01:07

Tell her to say "I have some bills I need to pay back home, so please could you pay me for the last three weeks? I think you might have forgot."

hibbledobble Sun 04-Jun-17 18:47:53

If you're dd feels awkward asking in person then how about sending a text message?

bevelino Mon 05-Jun-17 22:22:11

Just to update dd finally plucked up courage and asked for her pay. The mum said that she had forgotten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now