Talk

Advanced search

Can any crafty people help me?

(10 Posts)
Rapunzel88 Sun 31-Mar-19 14:20:29

Just received a mother's Day gift from my kids which is a jar full of 50 slips of paper with all the reasons they love me written on. Obviously have shed a few tears as of course they are the most precious things I've ever read. Am now thinking I'd like to display/ preserve them in some way. I'm not very craft orientated and all I can think of is sticking them on a canvas with some kind of varnish to protect them. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks all and happy mother's Day!

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 31-Mar-19 14:27:33

Could you do a scrap book? Take each slip of paper and create a page for the scrap book that relates to that slip. So for example if the slip says "I love your fairy cakes" the page would have the slip of paper + your fairy cake recipe + a photo of your DC enjoying the cakes + a photo of you all baking.

EduCated Sun 31-Mar-19 14:30:57

Or a large frame with some pretty backing paper. Are they written in pen or pencil?

pejorativelyspeaking Sun 31-Mar-19 14:38:43

Is there anyway you can link each reason with a photograph
"I love you cos you bake cakes"
"I love you cos you give me cuddles" etc

They have these reasons for a reason-something youve don't for them triggered this and so to tie it is with an image of you cuddling or listening/reading/cooking etc would bring extra meaning-could frame them all up nicely even if you pick out one or two to tie to a photo and the. Have the other notes as a boarder around the edge?

ScreamingValenta Sun 31-Mar-19 14:39:15

You could scan them and create a collage including photos of your children and images relevant to their words - you could then have this printed in any size you wanted, or onto canvas, and you could keep the originals in the jar.

pejorativelyspeaking Sun 31-Mar-19 14:39:19

Snap @TheWoollybacksWife

Rapunzel88 Sun 31-Mar-19 14:39:51

Really lovely idea, Woolly, but I think I'm leaning towards something to go on the wall as we've recently renovated and have some wall space.

EduCated, they're written in pen on white paper. If I used some kind of varnish after sticking them onto a backing, would I be in danger of the ink smudging?

Rapunzel88 Sun 31-Mar-19 14:45:00

ScreamingValenta nice idea- hadn't even thought about scanning... Lots to think about. Thanks for all the ideas

chl0e123 Fri 03-May-19 21:36:03

You can stick the to the wall like a collage then cover with clear Pyrex plastic, it will need to be screwed to the wall so it fits tight against the paper.

chl0e123 Fri 03-May-19 21:45:24

Sorry not Pyrex lol I meant acrylic, looks really nice, you can get it in different sizes and thickness, also 3D where ur pictures fit between the plastic, or you can just get a single sheet and attach it over your pictures to the wall, and they are protected forever

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »