Talk

Advanced search

Sea glass flowers

(13 Posts)
NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 14:58:40

First attempt, inspired by similar on Instagram

I used seaglass, driftwood and copper wire, all find while I have been beachcombing.

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:05:30

Anyone else work with driftwood or seaglass?

weebarra Fri 29-Mar-19 15:09:50

Those look great - blue is hard to come by here! I collect sea glass but I've never done anything with it.

GreenOliveOrBlackOlive Fri 29-Mar-19 15:10:18

They’re lovely smile
I did some box pictures with ‘seaside’ things for my bathroom

Saucery Fri 29-Mar-19 15:10:22

Pretty! Love the bottle top vase. I prefer a slightly deeper box frame but that’s just my personal taste - I would be intrigued if I saw your style anywhere.
Do you just comb local beaches? I have a friend who collects sea glass for the pictures like that and she has special trips out just to collect materials.

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:16:19

Thank you! Blue and pink are hard to come be here as well, they are some of my special pieces.
I collect all over Nova Scotia, but stay within the province, and I collect all my own, no buying or tumbling.
The pictures are crappy, but the frames are actually quite deep, they are Ribba ones from Ikea.
I also display my sea oddities, as I call them. Everything that isn't sea glass basically!

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:17:36

Gorgeous work GreenOliveOrBlackOlive

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:18:52

I go beachcombing most days

GreenOliveOrBlackOlive Fri 29-Mar-19 15:20:06

😁 The best bit was getting a glue gun. I never knew I needed a glue gun, but it’s brilliant!

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:27:59

Haha , it is a slippery slope! First I needed a glue gun, then the E6000, then came the drills and power tools!grin

GreenOliveOrBlackOlive Fri 29-Mar-19 15:32:32

Ooooh more toys to collect! I’d better be careful 😁
I love your pictures NorthEndGal..there something about selecting certain objects and displaying them together that makes them so interesting. A frame around an idea or an arrangement puts it in a whole new light.
I only did mine because I couldn’t find what I wanted anywhere, but having done so I can see it can become quite addictive.

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:37:23

It is addictive! I started making things to use up what I was bringing home. I gave away a few, then people asked me to make more, then there was a craft show, which led to a few more, and then I actually made it into a tiny business.
Now I'm in the process of arranging a sea glass festival!
Things get out of hand quickly...

NorthEndGal Fri 29-Mar-19 15:38:03

Oh, and thank you for saying nice thingsgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »