Talk

Advanced search

Colouring- anyone want to share their efforts?

(8 Posts)
Fresta Sat 26-Jan-19 16:59:38

Is anyone still doing adult colouring out there? I keep having a go., on and off but have been doing the same book for about 2 years now. I promised myself I would finish it last year but I didn't, so have started again after a long break. It would be nice to see other peoples pictures and maybe get some tips and have a purpose for completing them. I do find it relaxing but my eyes get tired quite quickly so do in short bursts. Currently doing Hannah Karlzon daydreams book. Here's a few I have finished so far and one in progress! Any recommendations for colours welcomed.

Fresta Sat 26-Jan-19 17:04:11

Sorry, pictures here.

Fresta Sat 26-Jan-19 17:06:17

This one is still in progress!

Joinourclub Sat 26-Jan-19 17:06:52

I never manage to complete a single picture, never mind a whole book!! I like your technique, I tend to try and colour in every adjacent segment a different colour , but your way looks much better!

Fresta Sat 26-Jan-19 17:11:56

I wish they would put less pages in a book and make them all single sided as the colours transfer to the opposite page when you try to colour the reverse side. I put a sheet of paper between the pages to protect them once complete but you end up with lots of sheets everywhere then.

BiscuitDrama Sat 26-Jan-19 17:13:32

What are you using to colour in with? It’s lovely.

Fresta Sat 26-Jan-19 17:20:49

Mostly using Faber-Castell Polychromo pencils and some Derwent pencils- the backgrounds are done with Derwent colour soft pencils.

BiscuitDrama Sat 26-Jan-19 18:27:21

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »