Talk

Advanced search

Stained glass

(2 Posts)
agedknees Thu 25-Oct-18 15:08:01

Making these as a hobby, but thinking of selling them in small Christmas markets.

Would you buy one and how much would you pay?

Plexie Mon 29-Oct-18 09:17:46

I like them but not sure if I would buy one for the following reasons:

1. Penguins are very dark due to black colour and I would want stained glass in translucent not opaque colours. The lighter coloured scarfs therefore work better.

2. Seasonality, especially the holly. I would only display them for one month a year, which I wouldn't mind for a normal decoration but for stained glass I would prefer a design that could be displayed year round. Also not keen on the faff of storing fragile Christmas decorations.

3. Can't tell the size but compared with the sucker holder thingies they don't look very big. Especially the holly, which might be visually overshadowed by the sucker when in situ.

4. Lack of daylight in winter. People who are out of the house all day aren't going to see them in daylight in winter.

I don't know about price but it would partly depend on size and whether they look better in a group rather than just one and would I need to buy three.

I do actually like them but the practicalities would probably put me off buying them. However you might have lots of customers who don't overthink as much as me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »