Talk

Advanced search

12 year old DD artwork - thoughts please

(12 Posts)
chickenfeathers Mon 17-Sep-18 10:46:41

Okay, so I know she is my daughter, but I am really proud of her artistic skills!

This is a picture she drew completely freehand. As the title says, she is only 12....so what do you all think?

PS she does like drawing the scary gory type of stuff!

adoggymama Mon 17-Sep-18 10:48:05

She's good smile

Givemeallyourcucumber Mon 17-Sep-18 10:53:00

That's brilliant OP . She obviously has a natural talent for it. My boyfriend at uni was an amazing artist and he said he got better as a teenage because his mum encouraged him to try different art techniques and materials.

PlinkPlink Mon 17-Sep-18 10:55:17

Wow! Very good!! Loved seeing how creative kids were when I was a teacher.
I hope she's going to do Art GCSE? She's got a real talent!!
Proud mumma too, I bet smile

chickenfeathers Mon 17-Sep-18 11:05:46

Thank you adoggymama smile

Giveme yes, she uses other materials too - oils, pastels, watercolours etc. It is costing us a small fortune but we really don't mind as she enjoys this so much!

PlinkPlink yes, I am ridiculously proud! GCSE art is definitely on the list!

Thank you all for your lovely comments. smile

Racecardriver Mon 17-Sep-18 11:07:31

She clearly has potential. Get her some lessons and encourage her to keep at it.

alpaca44 Mon 17-Sep-18 11:13:03

Wow excellent!

plumcat Mon 17-Sep-18 11:23:14

That's amazing !! And love her style, very talented and individual little girl you have x

chickenfeathers Mon 17-Sep-18 11:52:40

Racecardriver thank you. We have a friend who is an artist, and she has given DD some impromptu lessons. As for encouragement - she needs none as she disappears for hours on end to do her artwork!

alpaca44 thank you for your fantastic reply!

plumcat thank you too for your lovely comments!

PaulMorel Tue 16-Oct-18 10:43:17

Wow! This is amazing. To think she is only 12 and she can draw like that. She really has the talent!

chickenfeathers Wed 17-Oct-18 18:05:07

Thank you PaulMorel for your lovely comments. DD has another couple of pics in work - so when they are finished I will post them too!

PaulMorel Thu 18-Oct-18 10:59:11

@chickenfeathers You are very much welcome! Can't wait to see more artworks from your DD. I'm sure they are all wonderful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »