Talk

Advanced search

Adhesives

(7 Posts)
lunavix Wed 10-Aug-05 15:17:29

I'm starting scrapbooking and cardmaking and I am wondering what adhesives to use.

I was thinking about using double sided tape to stick photos and similar shaped items onto card, but my main concerns are:

If I use card for my scrapbook, if I want to put a sheet of patterned paper over the top, how would I stick it so it doesn't look terrible?

Also what would I use for diecuts, beads, and other similar embellishments? I have lots of pretty things but no idea what to use!!

Thanks

marne Wed 10-Aug-05 15:20:43

Prit stickis good for sticking card and photo's. Glue dots are very good for sticking too.

Dingle Wed 10-Aug-05 16:44:05

Not too confident when it come to scrapbooking, as glues would need to be archival quality. I used to have one of those zig, blue glue pens which was great.

For cardmaking I do tend to use a lot of D/S tape, 3-D foam pad and more recently I have started using a spray mount adhesive, that is great for sticking down mulberry paper without showing through!
I do still use quite a bit of PVA glue, but this is mainly for making up my own embellishments rather than actually glueing layers of card/paper.

jayzmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 16:45:18

For scrap booking you have to make sure you use acid free glue so it doesnt harm the photographs.

melissasmummy Fri 12-Aug-05 13:46:17

photo corners are excellent, they can be used to hold down anything & are usually acid free

lunavix Sun 21-Aug-05 20:05:27

If I wanted to stick half a sheet of 12 by 12 paper on a sheet of card, what would I use? Tape or glue?

and What about for heavy items?

I just bought some lovely metal squares with messages, how on earth shall I attach them?

I also have some metal charms, I'm imagining wire or cord...

jayzmummy Sun 21-Aug-05 23:24:10

How about a glue gun? Thats what I use to for heavier items.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: