Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The colour black . HELP!!!

(14 Posts)
Louise1970 Fri 29-Jul-05 20:34:40

Hi i am in the middle of painting pictures/murial on a wall in the games room for my children. I could not find black in any of the shops, and now i desperately need it. I am going to mix the paints myself, but can not remmber what colours i need.

Dingle Fri 29-Jul-05 20:41:12

I don't think you can, can you?!

Louise1970 Fri 29-Jul-05 20:51:07

i hope so, i am desperate. All you can buy in diy shops is black board paint. Which is very dull.

serah Fri 29-Jul-05 21:32:47

Go to B&Q. Unless it is that one near me that has just opened and I tell the assistants what I need and where it is, they are the holy grail of all DIY and paint requirements.

You used to be able to get black emulsion... I know several Goths who painted their bedrooms in that colour inthe 80's......

Dingle Fri 29-Jul-05 21:35:53

How much do you need? How about a bottle of black acyrlic paint from a craft shop or a small tin of black gloss!

Louise1970 Fri 29-Jul-05 21:51:10

There is an art shop just opened. But you know what it is like. I am painting now and wanted it finished before the kids come down in the morning. Never mind i am sure an uncompleted room will look ok to a child....

serah Fri 29-Jul-05 21:54:01

Is it a large area or have you got a marker pen that will do the job?

Louise1970 Fri 29-Jul-05 21:58:39

sad i know, but no marker pen or felt tip. Just colours of paint. But no black

charleepeters Fri 29-Jul-05 21:59:46

Does it have to be black cant it be abstract or another colour and still look ok???

Louise1970 Fri 29-Jul-05 22:03:03

i want it to look cartoony and have stood back for about 2 hours now, and think that that is the only colour that will do, never mind..
B&Q opens at 7am... Yawn!!

Skribble Sat 30-Jul-05 00:13:29

You could use the black board paint or poster paint and paint or spray over with matt or gloss varnish which will give it a sheen and make it hard wearing.

You can get bottles of ready mixed poster paint very cheap in a great selection of colours. Have used it on walls in nurseries and got great results, bright and cartoony.

There are a couple of ranges by disney and art attack that might have more unusual colours and I think woolies did their own range.

Louise1970 Sat 30-Jul-05 12:48:43

I am back from the shops. I found Black. It was by Crown in the feature wall range. It is called rebel. And is just what i wanted. Hmm I saw chocolate colour two, but they did not have it is a tester pot. I will keep looking out, just incase i need to paint a tree sometime. Thanks anyway. i looked at enamel paints but they are a bit permanent on walls. So i like to go for the tester pots instead as one day the games room will be an adult room again and do not want the hassle of 10 coats of paint to hide all the pictures i have done. Thanks all, the walls look great....

Dingle Sat 30-Jul-05 13:18:43

You can't leave it at that now!!! Please let us see a pic when you have a chance Louise!!! It would be great to see what you have done!

Louise1970 Sat 30-Jul-05 16:58:03

AH! Thats kind. i do not have a camera, still working on getting one. But shut your eyes and imagine....

10 x 12 feet room. White walls. With 2 floating birch shelves. Opposite wall has a birch double cupbaord on the wall (kitchen cupbaord) for holding all the drawing stuff and toys that are to old for them. From half way up the wall on one wall i haveI have different colour spots all different sizes ranging from 3 cm to 10 cm in diameter, randamly spaced out. I have painted their names in different colours saying MIYA & HENRY. I have painted a floating tractor, butterfly, ball, logos from channel 5 kids tv shows, such as Hi5, noddy, peppa pig. I now think i need to do a tree as this is the only other thing i can draw. Oh yes i also have huge big numbers rademly placed around that wall varying different colour.

I love doing it, but just hope later on they do not think it is ok to drawer on the wall. i never do it when they are around. It is just a suprise for them in the mornings. Wish i could drawer cats and dogs. I may have to call on an old friend. She actually does 4 wall murials of oceans, fairy tales, aladin caves, humphreys corner, poo bear. etc But i wanted something different...

I hope i give you some ideas...

Thanks....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now