Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Arts and Crafts for children

(5 Posts)
CHOCOLATEPEANUT Wed 27-Jul-05 21:48:33

Just spotted this topic.Wow

I have a 20mth old daughter who loves to have messy play and two nieces aged 3.5 and 6 who love to join in.

I have a craft box which i keep adding to.Poundshops are great for paper,paints,playdough and craft bits (sequins,glitter and stuff that lives in your house for days after)

I am looking for two things and need help!!

1.A book or website to give me more ideas of things to do with them (Long time since i was at school and getting a bit rusty!!)
2.I livein Greater Manchester and have been looking for centres or sessions that do crafts with kids.(Found one in Lancashire that lets them have a go at pottery)

Any ideas would be appraciated.Thanks
Jane,Olivia,Rebecca and Lucy.
xx

AuntyQuated Thu 28-Jul-05 08:42:58

Art Attack, the TV programme has loads of ideas

also try cbeebies website they have an arty programme but can't think what it is called at the minute.

go into w h smiths; they sell a magazine called 'crafts for children'. plus the library will have laods of books. often cheap book shops have books like '101 things to make on a rainy day'

where abouts in GM are you??

Haigh Hall is a good place to visit hwere they can have a go at all sorts of carfts.
a friend has also been to Martin Mere recently and said they now have laods of craft activities.

plus Blakesmere Craft Centre in Cheshire is supposed to be good. (think it is Blakesmere)

AuntyQuated Thu 28-Jul-05 08:47:09

look under workshops here

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 28-Jul-05 11:06:54

BIG thanks

didnotexpect so much so soon!!!!!!!

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 28-Jul-05 11:14:32

I am in Rhodes,Middleton which is between Rochdale and Manchester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now