Talk

Advanced search

Cross stitch magazines for postage

(42 Posts)
WigWamBam Sat 16-Jul-05 15:27:17

I've been having a well-needed sort out and I've got at over 70 cross stich magazines that I don't want anymore. If anyone would like any of them, you can have them for postage.

anorak Sat 16-Jul-05 16:30:06

I'd probably say yes please but Charliecat gave me a huge box of them already and I think it's enough to last me all my life!

Hope some anoraky type enjoys yours as much as I enjoy mine!

WigWamBam Sat 16-Jul-05 16:50:57

They'll keep someone amused for an hour or two, certainly! Seems a shame to take them to the recycling centre if someone could make use of them.

Nemo1977 Sat 16-Jul-05 17:08:34

WWB they may sell in local charity shop?????????

anorak Sat 16-Jul-05 17:10:06

I bet if you bump this for a day or two someone will be very thrilled to take them.

WigWamBam Sat 16-Jul-05 20:16:42

I hope so. I tried putting them into a charity bag for collection once but they guy who came to collect the bags refused to take them as he thought the weight would put his back out!

I'd just like to pass them on to someone who would enjoy them. I can split them up if someone only wants a few.

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 15:07:56

Anyone?

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 15:22:53

Hiya, I might be interested - don't tell my dh though.
Is it likely to be loads and loads to post? (trying to picture what the bundle would look like)

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 16:14:27

I can weigh them but would probably need industrial strength scales!

It's probably going to be something like £15+ for postage for the lot ... unless you can get to the Midlands?

charliecat Sun 17-Jul-05 16:50:08

thought id see you here anorak

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 18:09:30

oooo, that might be pushing it in terms of what I can justify to my dh at the mo. I might be interested in a few - I don't particularly like the tatty teddy or forever friends stuff but if there were any with fairies or angels that you noticed, that would be fab. I don't mean for you you to go through all of them checking though - just if you happened to know

Sadly, I can't see us getting up to the midlands soon although we do have a lot of family in the area.

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 18:12:33

I can have a look for fairies and angels for you.

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 18:13:36

big kiss <<<<<<<mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh>>>>>>>>

you are lovely.

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 18:42:03

OK - I have more fairies than you can shake a stick at - take your pick! I have magazines with:

Flower Fairies:
The Lilac Flower Fairy
The Cornflower Fairy
The Strawberry Fairy
The Wild Cherry Blossom Fairy
The Narcissus Fairy
The Mountain Ash Fairy
The Marigold Fairy (a small free kit)
A Flower Fairies sampler with a poem

Others:
Bluebell Fairy by Frances Cordell (a dancer in a fairy costume surrounded by bluebells)
Angel of the Spring by Lesley Teare
Shimmery Christmas Angel by Jacky Davis (an angel flying over middle Eastern buildings, with stars tumbling from her hands - very pretty but lots of metallic blending filament)
Cherub Cushion - angel's face, lots of flowers)

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 19:40:08

Oh wow! you are not wrong! They sound fab! I'd love them.

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 19:42:22

OK - no problem at all.

I might have a few more lurking in various dark holes around the house, if I find any more I'll sling them in as well.

Do you want to cat me your address and I'll get them off to you in the week sometime.

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 19:42:49

sorry, got distracted half way through a post but screaming pickle and hit post before I was finished. Was going to say . . .

maybe not the Christmas one or the cherub cushion, but the other Angel ones and the charts of the flower fairies would be fab.

I don't suppose there are any with Thomas the Tank engine on them are there? Never seen any but . . .

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 19:46:47

have cat'd you wwb. Ta muchly

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 19:47:19

Let me have a look, I've got a couple of TV themed ones.

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 19:49:01

oooo!

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 19:50:15

Yes, I have one with a Thomas chart.

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 19:51:45

yay!

<<jumps up and down on poor chair>>

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 19:52:34

It's got Fireman Sam and Bob the Builder in it as well, if that floats your boat ...

cadbury Sun 17-Jul-05 19:54:38

It'll float me 2 year old ds's boat, that's for sure. You are lovely.

WigWamBam Sun 17-Jul-05 19:55:45

Nah, not lovely ... but you're going to be busy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now