Talk

Advanced search

Scrapbooking for beginners/kids

(16 Posts)
rickman Sun 10-Jul-05 22:36:53

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Sun 10-Jul-05 23:10:32

There are some good crafting magazines around that could help you, Rickman. Can't remember any titles off the top of my head, but know that some other MNers get various ones.

Hobbycraft is a good place to browse...but can be pricey!

jayzmummy Mon 11-Jul-05 00:34:37

have a look at these

champs Mon 11-Jul-05 01:31:59

hiya there's a really nice collection for kiddies, it's called Me etc! It has binders and pages and also embelishments. I have brought stickers from this range as they are so nice.
Here's some

KatyMac Mon 11-Jul-05 08:52:10

My DD is doing a scrap book to help her have a positive body image - she is just copying family photos and cuting bits out of magazines......should she be buying special stuff as well?

champs Mon 11-Jul-05 13:06:09

Hi KatyMac!
I think it depends on who long you're thinking of keeping the scrapbook for. For scrapbooks to last it's important that the products used in a scrapbook are acid free, this is so that the pictures dont get ruined and all the journalling can still be read for years to come. Another thing to look out for is if the product is lignin free.

Katymac Mon 11-Jul-05 19:51:27

I hope we won't need DD's for long.....hopefully she will not need it for too long

Puppy Mon 11-Jul-05 23:09:34

Have a browse on this site they have alsorts, I have used them before and have not had any problems with payment/delivery.

rickman Tue 12-Jul-05 16:02:05

Message withdrawn

PeachyClair Tue 12-Jul-05 16:26:14

I get most of my stuff at www.modernscrapbooking.co.uk, or www.craftsulove.co.uk

I only do a page at a time; that keeps it cheap, then when I have enough pages to fill an album I get it for birthday etc. A lot of acrdmaking stuff doubles up too, so I try to get things at The Works and The Range depending on where I am, also I hear that Poundland intermittently have stuff in at the mo.

Good sites are www.docrafts.co.uk, http://www.artsandcraftsdirect.co.uk/art-and-crafts-direct.html, and my favourite resource / ideas site, http://www.scrapbook.com (I like their posems and stuff).

champs Tue 12-Jul-05 16:35:28

will get some links from my faves..... may take a while

champs Tue 12-Jul-05 16:49:36

Ok Here are some to get started with

here
basic info and instructions
scrapbook craft magazine
forums:
my fave scrapping forum! (look in What is Scrapbooking section)
nice forum

Also though I'd add this site that i use for free clipart for children scrapbooking

rickman Wed 13-Jul-05 22:38:12

Message withdrawn

champs Thu 14-Jul-05 00:22:40

no probs! It can be a bit daunting at first can't it?

I started a book with some kiddies all about themselves. It was A4 in size which I think is a nice size to start of with. Each page having different things about them for instance the first page has a bio, maybe a baby pic and journaling (writting) about themselves - name, date of birth, time they were born, where they live etc.
Next page about their parent(s)/guardian(s) pics of them and some embelishments.
Next any siblings. Then keep it going with each page representing things/people that are important to them -- friends, fave things, fave places, family, etc.
Might be a place for your dd to start. That way you can buy a few bits at a time and pick things for each page.

I got started because I am into crafts in a big way!! I used to do scrapbooks when younger but without pics and also card making. Card making and Scrapping really lend themselves to each other and technics(sp?) cross over really well.
I haven't thought of putting any of my stuff up! will do soon for you.

BTW, let me know if you would like any bits to get started. would be more than happy to.

cheekychops03 Fri 15-Jul-05 22:49:44

Hi there

There is another scrapbooking forum called www.scrapbookstashers.com

I know the people who have started it so if you want, I could ask them to add a forum specifically for kids scrapbooks as I know they are always on the lookout for new ideas. I'll try and CAT you with some more info about this as it would take up too much sapce here to rabbit on!

CC

rickman Fri 15-Jul-05 23:01:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now