Talk

Advanced search

The paper mill shop, love it!

(25 Posts)
marne Fri 01-Jul-05 18:30:39

Went today at clarks village in street, spent ages in there, got loads of card (pick and mix, some punches (buy one get one free) and some peel offs for 80p a sheet, just thought i would share this with you all as i thought it was so cheep.
Is there any other cheep craft shops like the paper mill shop? Has anyone else been there?

Yorkiegirl Fri 01-Jul-05 18:32:17

Message withdrawn

hercules Fri 01-Jul-05 18:32:33

I went to the works and got some stuff really cheap. No peel offs though. SOunds good from papermill shop!

Whizzz Fri 01-Jul-05 18:32:48

Yes I visit one at the Cheshire Oaks outlet village. Always end up buying things !

At the moment though I'm really chuffed with a bag of flat backed gems for 50p from ...wait for it....Early Learning !!

hercules Fri 01-Jul-05 18:33:59

I went to ELC and bought a load of stuff too.

PeachyClair Fri 01-Jul-05 18:36:56

Used to go to the one at Street when I lived in Somerset, but here we have the Range which seems really good, so i don't mind switching TOO much! Would love to get back and fill a box or two of card though!

anorak Fri 01-Jul-05 18:37:21

Yes yes I love the papermill shop but don't have one anywhere near me sadly.

Dingle Fri 01-Jul-05 18:39:29

He he he...just got back from Somerset and was SOOO tempted to visit the Paper Mill shop there. Seemed silly really as we have an outlet in Chatham only 5/10 minutes away and another in Ashford about half an hour away. just couldn't stand the thought of missing out though!

marne Fri 01-Jul-05 18:40:50

cramed as much card as i could in one of those boxes, only £6.99 a box, loads of colours and textures to choose from.
Will look in ELC a few people have said about how cheep it is.

hercules Fri 01-Jul-05 18:43:47

Tescos has a few bits as well.

jayzmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 20:10:42

Awwww Dingle did I miss your visit down this way...I was thinking about that only last weekend that we would be meeting up soon

PeachyClair Fri 01-Jul-05 20:15:14

Typical isn't it Jayzmummy... I was bored in Ilminster waiting for hubs (a Chardonian)... could have rescheduled easy to pop over to meet

Dingle Fri 01-Jul-05 20:17:16

Oh JM, it flew by too!! The cottage was great, will be down again for sure. Don't know when, but it costs under £200 in low season.
It had a great enclosed garden for the children. A great hot tub and whirlpool bath.

Didn't really venture much over your way, I think the nearest we got was Minehead. Had a couple of fab days on Exmoor, but found it difficult with the major buggy.

I was thinking of you honey. there was a lot going on before we left and I was running around like a mad woman too!

xx

Whizzz Fri 01-Jul-05 20:18:59

Hot tub and whirlpool bath
where, where !!!

pootlepod Sat 02-Jul-05 21:23:29

I went to the paper mill in Cumbria last week on holiday. DH suggested we go and looked after DD!! I too, got some punches and vellum. Was very tempted to fill a box up with Christmassy card and buy a job lot of envelopes too but will have to go back now!
Oh, and also got a do-crafts magazine, very impressed, £1 and had free stickers.

champs Mon 04-Jul-05 14:05:33

no paper mill near me

double at whirl pool cottage!!

Dingle Mon 04-Jul-05 16:34:51

Had an bsolutely cr*p day!!! Been in tears several times, even when on the phone to paediatricians and portage workers!!

The little cottage with all it relaxing luxuries seems a million miles away now! I can't even afford some retail therapy either! We have promised that we are cutting back to try to afford this extension next year!

I might cut some sizzix shapes later, I find that very rewarding ATM!

Whizzz Mon 04-Jul-05 18:08:18

I am happy to visit the Papermill shop on anyones behalf to look for stuff (any excuse!)
We go fairly regularly

Dingle - sorry you've had a bad day. I hate that when you holiday just evaporates as soon as you get back to work - same happened to mine

champs Mon 04-Jul-05 20:53:54

Dingle -- sorry your day's been so horible embarassed to admit I think i've missed your threads and am not sure whats got you down hun, sounds sad nut when I dont have money to do a shop I like to make wish lists of things i want to buy.

whizzz -- you may regret that offer

Dingle Mon 04-Jul-05 20:57:48

Silly really, nothing in particular!! Mum's been in hospital again and it's just all the cr@p that goes with having a child with SN. Constant battles are just wearing me down.

..and no...a wish list sounds a great idea!!Ebay here I come!

mrspink27 Mon 04-Jul-05 20:59:42

check out this site for some good stuff

champs Mon 04-Jul-05 23:17:41

Dingle -- hope your mum feels better soon. kisses to your lovely kiddie.
Happy shopping

mrspink27 -- your link wasn't workin was it here?

pootlepod Mon 04-Jul-05 23:22:38

Sorry to hear about your day Dingle, hope your mum feels better soon. Like the idea of sizzix therapy

layla Tue 05-Jul-05 12:21:01

Hi Dingle how are you feeling today?Sorry you're having such a rotten time and I hope your mum feels better soon.It's miserable being on a budget too.We're on one now.I even turned down an offer to go to a new craft shop at the weekend because I thought what's the point of going if I can't buy anyything.

QueenFlounce Tue 05-Jul-05 12:22:33

My Mum works in The Paper Mill Shop in Clackmannanshire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now