Talk

Advanced search

what is the card challenge?

(13 Posts)
Mads1 Sat 18-Jun-05 16:18:16

Sorry, I don't mean to be nosey BUT what is the card challenge? I keep coming across your discussions and am intrigued!!

Dingle Sat 18-Jun-05 16:25:50

WE have almost done this one now but here is how it works!
You sign up to the group. Auntyquanted usually does all the organising! Then each member gets 2 challenge chums. You make a card of a theme chosen, this one was a wedding card. And after you've made your card send all the bits and pieces used to the other 2 chums! They then have to make a card using the bits.
When everyone is done, we all load our cards on the yahoo site and see each others work!

Carolinett Sat 18-Jun-05 16:30:45

This is the first one I have done
We had to vote on the theme, in challenge 3 it was wedding
We then had to make a wedding card
We then had to send the bit& bobs we used to make the card to two nominated members (To make it easy and so it was well organised for us AQ told us who to send them to)

The two recievers of the B&Bs make a card.
The fun is seeing what the recievers make out of your B&Bs

You post the B&B on the yahoo website, then the reciever post their card made with your B&Bs then you post your card
Sound complicated I panicked at first but AQ makes it easy she organises everyone.
It's great fun

Carolinett Sat 18-Jun-05 16:32:25

Hi Dingle{smile}

Carolinett Sat 18-Jun-05 16:33:08

Try again
Hi Dingle

Mads1 Sat 18-Jun-05 22:02:32

Wow! That does sound complicated!! Can you please tell me the website address so i can see past cards.

AuntyQuated Sat 18-Jun-05 22:06:05

here it is so far
you will need to sign in using
ID mumsnetter
password netters

mainly these are the B&P followed by 3 cards

must fly....shouldn't be here

Mads1 Sat 18-Jun-05 22:28:39

Fantastic cards!!! really impressed by the standard of the cards, the styles and mostly with the effort!

i don't think i'll join in! - too lazy

champs Mon 20-Jun-05 00:06:50

go on mads1... you know you want to

Mads1 Tue 21-Jun-05 22:31:13

Champs - no really, I am lazy when it comes to things like this!!! Besides, I don't think I'm creative enough. After seeing the gallery I think I'll leave to the professionals (was going to type pros but thought best not to!!)

popsycal Tue 21-Jun-05 22:33:19

I imagine jayzmumy will look here...just to say that the card she made for me is being given to its recipients this weekend

champs Tue 21-Jun-05 22:48:51

mads1

jayzmummy Tue 21-Jun-05 23:32:17

popsycal....hope the card is liked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now