Talk

Advanced search

Can someone help me find a plain Lopi pattern for a toddler?

(4 Posts)
GentleOtter Fri 06-Nov-09 16:01:39

I am looking for a pattern for a plain jumper or cardigan for a toddler (24" chest) made from Lopi wool and without the ziggy pattern around the neck.

Hopelessly inept knitter here who can do plain/purl but who gets flummoxed at psso and yf, that sort of thing.

I have searched Ravelry and Knitty but there is nothing plain.

Please can someone help!

TIA

wicked Sat 07-Nov-09 13:41:18

Sorry, can't help, but just wanted to say that I am a real fan of Lopi.

I knitted several Icelandic jumpers when I was a student, and even managed to make a few pennies by selling them. I still have a couple that I wear through the winter, 25 years on. They are so fast to knit (all plain stitch and no sewing up), and I used to be able to knock out a jumper in 2 or 3 days.

I would love to knit another one but I am afraid that the internet has killed any passion in that area. Rather than sitting watching TV in the evening with hands available for craft work, they are now busy on the keyboard.

GentleOtter Sat 07-Nov-09 18:32:06

Thanks wicked.

I managed to find a plainish Lopi pattern on ebay and hopefully will be able to negotiate my way past the reindeer pattern half way up. (I'm going to leave that bit out) shock

Love, love Lopi and I have a monster stash of it so have made each child a pixie hood, slippers (from the felt type) and soon to start a little cardigan for our toddler.

We only get tv reception on dry still days so the knitting needles are back out of the cupboard.

PurpleFrog Thu 12-Nov-09 12:42:58

I am another Lopi fan - but haven't knitted in it for years. I loved knitting the jumpers as I hated sewing up...

I have a small collection of Lopi patterns in the loft, and know I have a plain jumper (may not be knitted "in the round"), but I would have to check if it came in toddler sizes. Have you started yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now