Talk

Advanced search

Christmas stockings!

(11 Posts)
bigTillyMint Wed 28-Oct-09 13:22:50

Does anyone have a pattern or ideas for making them? I was thinking about maybe knitting some - I want to make them big enough to stretch to books and bigger stuff!

BlueChampagne Wed 28-Oct-09 13:26:38

My Mum made Christmas drawstring bags for me and my sister when we were little. I still have mine (and I bet my sister has too). They were made out of felt with a simple cord drawstring, our names embroidered on them and an applique angel. Big enough for an A4 book but not too big that Santa had to go mad.

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 28-Oct-09 13:28:05

Lots of knitting patterns on Ravelry, if you are a member.

bigTillyMint Wed 28-Oct-09 13:29:03

I'm not BW! Maybe I should investigate and sign up....

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 28-Oct-09 13:49:29

Ah, it's fab!

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 28-Oct-09 13:55:39

these ones are particularly lovely, IMO.

bigTillyMint Wed 28-Oct-09 15:38:23

Ooh thanks Buttercup, I might give those a try. <<goes up to see what wool is in the cupboard!>>

I don't suppose you know what size they come up?

catseye123 Wed 28-Oct-09 21:33:55

I bought one of these kits, not finished it yet but it looks really simple. "Look at this page"

Flightattendant Fri 06-Nov-09 14:44:06

I made one last night and this morning...see other thread in A&C, you might think they are terrible though! It was quicker than knitting them, I can't do circular needles anyway, it would half kill me grin

If you have got an old jumper to cut up it's quite easy. Pics on profile.

bigTillyMint Sun 08-Nov-09 13:34:19

Flightattendant, I can't see any pics anywhere - am I being thick? grin

Flightattendant Sun 08-Nov-09 14:19:29

Oh dear I have out my profile on view twice now and both times the thread died!!! I tink people are trying to tell me my stockings are rubbish grin

Oh well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now