Talk

Advanced search

patterns for sleeping bags

(17 Posts)
rubyroo Tue 14-Jun-05 22:38:23

has anyone had a go at making a toddler sleeping bag? my dd still uses them but they're so expensive i thought i'd have a go at making one but want to make only a 1 tog bag are there any patterns that you can buy?

oooggs Tue 14-Jun-05 22:41:27

They seem pretty basic to make, the job would be getting the correct 'tog' material to make it with.

Yorkiegirl Tue 14-Jun-05 22:45:33

Message withdrawn

rubyroo Tue 14-Jun-05 22:48:11

i know! but i think i'll try a sewing shop near where i work 2morrow. can't believe they charge soo much for them. thanks. have just seen your message yorkiegirl whats fledce? sorry complete craft virgin afraid!

mum2max Wed 15-Jun-05 13:18:28

what about making it out of a couple of layers of brushed cotton? ideal for summer.

mum2max Wed 15-Jun-05 13:18:55

i think yorkiegirl means fleece

Yorkiegirl Wed 15-Jun-05 13:19:43

Message withdrawn

rubyroo Wed 15-Jun-05 22:03:12

have just seen your posts mum2max and yorkiegirl!! was asking people at work today what fledce was and even did a google search i am so stupid but it's made me laugh tonight!! am going to try cotton or even a light quilted fabric but think i mihjt be happier doing it with a rough pattern

NoPearls Wed 15-Jun-05 22:15:23

Never one to be put off when I haven't a clue what I'm up to, I made DD several sleeping bags when she was small, using a very scientific design method:

Measure child from shoulders down and add a bit
Make child lie down and work out how wide they are
Get pair of dungarees and draw round top part
Stick bits of paper together - voila!

I had no idea what tog they worked out at, but I did two layers of fleece which made it quite easy to put a zip in down the side. I also made a couple of lightweight cotton ones for the summer.

Hausfrau Thu 16-Jun-05 10:54:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mum2max Wed 22-Jun-05 09:43:29

MiL managed to find source of sleeping bags for about a fiver each. Will enquire and let you know. She bought us 3. At normal prices that would have been about £60!!!

rubyroo Mon 27-Jun-05 13:16:47

thanks mum2max that would be great as the rate i'm going it'll be winter by the time i get round to it!!

mum2max Mon 27-Jun-05 22:33:42

am terrible at putting stuff like links on so I'll just type it out.

www.tchibo.co.uk

there's other stuff on there apart from baby stuff. The pic of baby at the top of the page is the link to the sleeping bags (which are only £5.99 at the moment!!)

will just test the address to check...

mum2max Mon 27-Jun-05 22:36:55

http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/uk/-/GBP/TdUkBrowseCatalog-Start;sid=9vJSy2ukkclSwClkhi9Yr2gxJ3xVg122BE8=?CategoryName=phase_4

here's the actual page address. So if you cut and paste into your address bar it should get you to the right page. The gro bags are at the bottom of the page, and are from about 6 months to 3 years. Ds is in one now and there's loads of growing room.

cluckychook Wed 29-Jun-05 13:04:03

Kwik Sew 3089 is a sleeping bag pattern that goes up to 18 months. They also do a fleece sleepsuit pattern, 2360, in sizes 1yr - 4yrs. I am making one at the moment and it's quite easy if you have some experience of sewing. You can get Kwik Sew patterns by mail order from Sew n Sew in Cirencester.

mum2max Wed 29-Jun-05 13:06:26

just tried to find page to sleeping bags and it appears to have disappeared. They DO do mail order catalogues though and they should be in them.

rubyroo Sun 03-Jul-05 20:34:08

thanks mum2max i've ordered their catalogue and thanks cluckychook for the pattern ideas i think i am full of good intentions but never seem to get round to anything anymore!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: