Talk

Advanced search

Face paints - worth getting good ones?

(10 Posts)
Lastyearsmodel Fri 16-Oct-09 17:09:45

Not done face painting yet, but looking for Halloween. Is it worth getting the pricier ones or will supermarket cheapies do the job?

southeastastra Fri 16-Oct-09 17:40:35

probably worth getting some nicer ones, as they go on much better and are probably more denser in colour. we use snazaroo, you can buy them at hobbycraft and you can also get palettes - they probably do a halloween one!

southeastastra Fri 16-Oct-09 17:41:23

(do i win a prize for over-using probably) grin

MamaMimi Fri 16-Oct-09 17:46:58

snazaroo are lovely, they do a really good job and they'll last you for all your future face painting needs. No doubt less likely to cause the slight rash that some kids get after having their face painted too.

crokky Fri 16-Oct-09 17:48:09

I got snazaroo from ELC and have been really pleased with them.

Lastyearsmodel Fri 16-Oct-09 17:59:15

Probably, Southeastastra wink.

Thanks folks, will invest.

thedolly Fri 16-Oct-09 17:59:25

Rather than painting the kids faces I thought I would do some halloween stencils to be like fake tattoos. I was thinking of a little pumpkin on the cheekbone using orange face paint and some orange glitter. I now know that snazaroo from the ELC are the best face paints but can anybody help me with the stencils and glitter?

southeastastra Fri 16-Oct-09 19:04:04

not sure about stencils but snazaroo also do glitter gels which look fab

deepdarkwood Fri 16-Oct-09 19:05:26

Wouldn't both with stensils - just find something you can do easily (spiders webs are good...)
And yes, snazaroo do lovely glitter gels

thedolly Fri 16-Oct-09 19:20:45

The snazaroo website is fab but then you probably already knew that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now