Talk

Advanced search

What ink or paint to use on fabric?

(8 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 13-Oct-09 14:51:46

I'm going to get dd some t-shirt for her party for them all to decorate. They are 9/10 year olds so should be fairly capable - hopefully.
I was going to do rubber stamps to match the theme dd has asked for but have no idea what sort of ink or paint to use with the stamps that won't wash off the t-shirts.

Thanks

somewhathorrified Tue 13-Oct-09 15:11:09

Er...fabric paint? you get it from craft shops and some diy places.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 13-Oct-09 15:47:23

Will fabric paint be a bit splodgy for a stamp or do you think it will be ok?

somewhathorrified Tue 13-Oct-09 16:20:03

They are designed to use in different ways, read the labels they normally say what they can be used with and how to dilute if necessary. Best go have a look at some before committing to this as an idea...it sounds very expensive to me, also the places that sell the paints and stamps usually know how to use them.

somewhathorrified Tue 13-Oct-09 16:20:31

They are designed to use in different ways, read the labels they normally say what they can be used with and how to dilute if necessary. Best go have a look at some before committing to this as an idea...it sounds very expensive to me, also the places that sell the paints and stamps usually know how to use them.

somewhathorrified Tue 13-Oct-09 16:20:58

Sorry had a glitch there

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 13-Oct-09 22:07:46

lol - thanks somewhathorrified I'll go to the local art shop and have a s
chat, they are pretty good there (though the painting mugs was somewhat pricier than I expected last year)

kcartyparty Thu 22-Oct-09 22:12:10

Fabric pens rubbed onto the stamps would have worked a treat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now