Talk

Advanced search

making albums

(6 Posts)
kiwibella Tue 06-Oct-09 10:56:39

can anyone help with suggestions for making an album. It will be blank (left for the recipient to add their own pics). I have made some paper and want to include it between sheets of card. I don't want anything as simple as held together with rings. It needs to be a bit flasher than that grin.

My google hits include photobooks or making a music album hmm.

kiwibella Tue 06-Oct-09 15:40:49

I've pretty much gone for chipboard and card inserts. Does anyone know of a fab product for keeping all the pages together? I have picked up some book-rings but they will be an absolute last resort!!

kiwibella Tue 06-Oct-09 16:08:29

is there a noticeable difference between velum and tracing paper?

hoping someone will be along shortly to answer all my questions!!

pookamoo Thu 15-Oct-09 14:18:48

Make sure your paper is acid free, to protect the photos. I don't think I would notice the difference between vellum and tracing paper, as long as you use acid free, either should be ok.

BlueChampagne Fri 16-Oct-09 13:43:37

Hmm, I would have said vellum was very different to tracing paper! Originally skin; would now associate it with high quality (and high gsm) paper. Definitely go for acid-free tho.

pookamoo Fri 16-Oct-09 17:00:19

But the kind sold in craft shops, like this is pretty similar to tracing paper. I think that was what the OP had in mind, rather than real vellum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now