Talk

Advanced search

WANT TO MAKE MY OWN INVITES

(14 Posts)
jambo1707 Thu 09-Jun-05 15:11:21

Hey all

Hope you are all well and that someone can help me out here

I am having my 30th birthday party next month and I wanted to make my own invites.

I am not very knowledgable about pcs but have access to most things at home.

I have trid using clip art but it looks shite, was going to use old and recent piccies for embarrasing invites that would be well funny.

My friend has offered to do them for me but I feel it would be more special to me if I can do it.

Any ideas??????

Look forward to your replies

lunavix Thu 09-Jun-05 15:13:29

Do you want to use the pc? I got card, decorated it with stick ons and stuff, then just printed the inserts with the wording and stuck it on the inside with microsoft word...

hayleylou Thu 09-Jun-05 15:17:11

I have just made my daughters 1st birthday invites. I got a package called "Greeting Card Factory Duluxe" from PC world. It was aboyr £20 but worth every penny you can do so much cards, invites, posters etc

jambo1707 Thu 09-Jun-05 15:32:48

yeah want to use pc as my friend done her hubbys 40th ones on pc and they looked well cool and proffesional

Dont have finances really to buy the pack

All dosh is currently being used going back and forward to hospital, pay day 3 weeks away

hayleylou Thu 09-Jun-05 15:38:28

I did have a link to a website but dh has deleted it. Have just checked google and this one seems ok www.mycardmaker.com sorry cannot do links

RTKangaMummy Thu 09-Jun-05 16:16:06

here is a good site for cards

Not sure if you can put photo though

DS loved doing those

SoupDragon Thu 09-Jun-05 16:20:27

What software are you trying to use?

jambo1707 Thu 09-Jun-05 19:13:29

Thanx for the site info

soupodragon I aint got a clue hun honestly

I use what is installed on my pc and the sites you ladies ae kind enough to give me

Dingle Thu 09-Jun-05 19:24:45

Do you have a scanner jambo?

jambo1707 Thu 09-Jun-05 19:34:49

no scanner at the mo

BUT

have given my friend the pics I want to appear on the invites, she is scanning and then sending them to my email addy for me to use.

If i ever get there lol

Dingle Thu 09-Jun-05 19:55:18

Have a look here
for a basic idea. You could jazz it up with fun sequin confetti, bright colours, really whatever you fancy.

You can print a gold/silver colour (although not metallic) - have a look in the arts/craft threads for details. Tear edges to avoid the worry of dead square corners.....a few basic papers etc.

I'll get back to you with PW and ID.

Dingle Thu 09-Jun-05 19:56:26

ID mumsnetter
PW netters

jambo1707 Thu 09-Jun-05 20:11:15

thanx dingle

Dingle Thu 09-Jun-05 20:16:27

Have a good look at the other albums on there for inspiration. If you need to know how to do anything, where to buy things...just shout!
Good luck and have fun creating your very own invites!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now