Talk

Advanced search

How to knit a second row...

(6 Posts)
LittleWhiteWolf Thu 24-Sep-09 20:39:09

I cannot believe how thick I am sad
I've scoured the net to try to find a simple way to knit a second row, and I can't seem to get my head around it. Everywhere just says to reverse what I've been doing (simple knit stich), but that just seems to add another stich onto my starting needle, not transfer it to the other. Argh! Help!

Frizbe Thu 24-Sep-09 20:44:10

I know, but I don't think I can explain it very well....www.iknit.org.uk/iknitblog.html try mailing this lot, they'll be good at explaining!

MrsMagnolia Fri 25-Sep-09 17:25:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Prunerz Fri 25-Sep-09 17:38:49

Holding the needle with the stitches in your left hand as if to start a row, pull the working yarn downwards and you can see that the loop around the first stitch on the needle (last stitch of last row) might be confusing you into thinking there are two stitches there. Can you distinguish that it's one stitch over the needle, and not two into the loop?

I hope that makes sense!!

peach125 Tue 29-Sep-09 17:33:27

My Mum taught me.....in/over/through and off.
In the loop of the stitch
loop the wool over the needle you put through
pull the needle looping the wool through the original stitch
and slip it off.
It makes perfect sense to me but might me difficult without pictures!!! Regards peach

Littlefish Tue 29-Sep-09 17:44:46

Sounds like you're not taking the first row stitch off the left hand needle after you've knitted it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now