Talk

Advanced search

Need blonde hair!!!

(8 Posts)
Mmmmcoffee Wed 23-Sep-09 00:32:44

We have a Halloween party to go to, and we're going as the entire Scooby Doo gang. Problem: "Fred" has black hair and it needs to be blonde! I'm half a step from buying peroxide; "Fred" isn't too impressed but is reluctantly willing grin .

Any ideas how to make black hair blonde without ultra ultra strong bleach? Any kind of spray or anything?

kentmumtj Wed 23-Sep-09 01:07:13

errr a wig maybe

JustAnotherManicMummy Wed 23-Sep-09 01:33:33

lol at kentmumtj just what I was thinking!

You could probably spray it. Lots of places have halloween tat in at the moment and expect they'll have something.

I'd go for the wig option myself.

Mmmmcoffee Wed 23-Sep-09 10:10:06

hee! Maybe Dolly Parton style? Seriously, I don't want to spend a fortune on a wig thats going to be worn once. The only sprays I've seen have been for red or blue or black, i don't know any that will actually make black hair blonde. Maybe they don't exist.

Macdog Wed 23-Sep-09 10:20:43

Dry shampoo woukd make it white and would brush out easily.
You could spray yellow on top of it to make blond???? hmm

kentmumtj Wed 23-Sep-09 11:14:05

how about alot of talc would that work hmm

otherwise it will have to be the bleach for the night then a black dye the following morning

if his hair is short it should grow out quite quickly

would like to see before and after pics grin

Mmmmcoffee Wed 23-Sep-09 12:34:44

Hmm, talc might work. I'll have to have a dry run. Maybe custard powder, as its more yellowy, mind you then the kids would be following him around sniffing!!!

If all else fails I'll go for a bleach job. And wet myself laughing.

LoveBuckets Wed 23-Sep-09 21:21:34

Smiffys or must be able to buy short blond wigs for less than a tenner in your local fancy dress/joke shop???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now