Talk

Advanced search

Home made playdough - how long does it keep for?

(6 Posts)
Servalan Tue 22-Sep-09 17:33:49

I made some home made playdough ages ago - well maybe a couple of months ago or something like that. Forgot we had it blush. My mum found it today and was playing with it with dd while I was out.

I've been keeping it in a tupperware container and wrapped in a plastic bag.

It's the sort where you cook up flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil etc. I haven't been refrigerating it and not sure if I'm supposed to!

I asked my mum if it seemed to be going mouldy or anything and apparently it seemed fine.

All instructions I read for making homemade playdough say to store in sealed container - but some say fridge and others don't mention it. I can't find anything that says if it goes "off" or anything like that?

Just thought I'd better check that it's OK for DD to still be playing with it!

Elk Tue 22-Sep-09 17:49:43

I think my two have been playing with the homemade stuff for about 2 years now. They both seem to be ok. I keep it in a tupperware container.

Servalan Tue 22-Sep-09 21:06:17

Gosh! Same batch? That's lasted well! Do you fridge it?

Elk Thu 24-Sep-09 13:24:11

Oops only just noticed your question. It is just kept in the cupboard in a tupperware. Its bright green and glittery. The playdough at toddler group is even older and still fine.

Servalan Fri 25-Sep-09 20:52:40

Fab. Thanks very much

Katymac Fri 25-Sep-09 21:07:52

Mine is in cling in a cake tin

I add lavender oil or teatree oil as it makes it last longer & it naturally antibacterial

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now