Talk

Advanced search

Please can you spare a minute to look at this..

(13 Posts)
itsbeingsocheerful Sun 20-Sep-09 16:42:16

Baby's first christmas stocking which I've posted on my profile.

This is just a prototype following a convo with Hoglet on here a few weeks back. As Hoglet appears to have gone

Ignore the battered dog, he's all I had around. I'm considering seeing I've can source some wooden rattles or baby brushes to put in them.

It's in a bamboo 'wool' and is lovely and soft. The embroidery is also a bit iffy, but wanted to get at least one finished to show you!

Would any of you even consider buying such a thing, tidied up a bit etc?

cookielove Sun 20-Sep-09 16:45:48

as children my parents made our stockings, so i think the idea is great, however i wouldn't buy it as i don't like the one on it, if you custom made them with childrens names, christmassy pictures different sizes e.t.c then i def would think about it

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 16:47:29

I wouldn't have guessed it was a Christmas stocking tbh as it is very plain.

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 16:49:22

Can I make some constructive criticism? it's obviously well made, but I think the shape is a little wrong.

I would say more like this

probably not the sort of comment you were after..

beaniesinthebucketagain Sun 20-Sep-09 17:06:10

looks great however a name and christmas themed pic would be what would lure me in! smile

itsbeingsocheerful Sun 20-Sep-09 17:06:45

Thanks. All comments welcome, particularly constructive criticism.

Cybil - I see what you mean about the shape, yours are far more elegant looking. And I'll take any praise about the knitting quality!

Cookie and Fab - more Christmassy then. Do you think I should incorporate a snowflake, or whatever into the knitting or stick with the embroidery?

So, prototype 5 here I come!

And sorry that the OP was so garbled, just read it back blush

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 17:14:51

I think the colours need to be stronger. Red with green letters for the name would be nice with white snowflakes.

addictedtomn Sun 20-Sep-09 17:31:51

i think its too plain it doesnt really look christmassy, and the colours could be stronger.

i actually quite like the shape as it makes it look more homemade.

but thats amazing, i cant knit anything!

cookielove Sun 20-Sep-09 18:02:07

yeah you could do a variety easy for me to say as i'm not the one doing it, but i do like the pastel colours, you could do a light blue with silvery snowflakes, or a light pink with silvery snowflakes, or a little snowman, or a present or some holly i'm not that much of a fan of red and green.

maybe like this but i really have no clue

lunavix Sun 20-Sep-09 20:57:14

I love the shape and the dog! But agree, needs to be christmassy.

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 20-Sep-09 21:03:54

Hi cheerful - I was on your other thread
Well done for giving it a go

I would do something in christmas colours or pastels with a snowflake

Re decoration I would do whatever is quickest - knitted in or embroidery which ever you are best and fastest at

itsbeingsocheerful Mon 21-Sep-09 11:31:45

Morning all.

I'm with you Cookie about red/green for Christmas. I quite like the understated pastels, but that doesn't mean I can't make it more festive.

And thanks for coming back Laura (love the name, immediately makes me think of Sunday mornings with the smell of roast dinner!) I'm just starting a knit-in snowflake, to see if it works. I'm thinking at mo that it might be too small too look like anything, but you never know.

Also if any of you still care... would you prefer to spend less for a more acrylic-y 'wool' or more for bamboo/100% of the real thing?

cookielove Mon 21-Sep-09 15:32:08

i would prefer bamboo i hear that is lovely,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now