Talk

Advanced search

Names on glasses??!! How??

(10 Posts)
mumski Mon 14-Sep-09 11:22:55

Now we have a merged family and 5 children from 9 to 16 years shock the amount of drinks glasses we get through in a day is ridiculous because they never think to wash and reuse.
I had the idea of using my daughters glass painting kit to get them to paint their names on a glass each then get them to reuse.

It worked well but even with just hand washing all the designs and names have washed off within 3 weeks.
Has anyone got any ideas how we can do something more permanent grin

hanaflowerhatestheDM Mon 14-Sep-09 11:24:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ponders Mon 14-Sep-09 11:26:25

Buy a set of different-coloured glasses?

Huge sympathy - I have fewer kids & older but it still happens grrrrr.

blametheparents Mon 14-Sep-09 11:26:29

Buy new glasses, and then they can choose one colour each?
I know that M&S do coloured glasses.

Ponders Mon 14-Sep-09 11:29:25

(Or make them use plastic, Ikea -& other places - make sets of tumblers in at least 6 colours)

Haylstones Mon 14-Sep-09 11:29:52

Couldn't you use the sticky name tags? We got some for dd's drinks bottles and lunch bags at school- the bottles go in the dishwasher most nights and the stickers are still on a year later. They sell them cheaply on EBay...

Ponders Mon 14-Sep-09 11:31:10

these!

(obv they'd be cheaper if you went to Ikea yourself but think how much more you'd spend if you did wink)

ChopsTheDuck Mon 14-Sep-09 11:31:23

I jsut use plastic and write on them with permanant marker. It does need redoing once a month or so, but they quite like having different pics and nicknames scrawled over them.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 14-Sep-09 11:36:14

You don't have to have glasses for soft drinks - mugs with names and/or pictures they like might work too.

Or just hide most of the glasses so that they have to wash and re-use - they're all old enough to rinse a glass.

mumski Mon 14-Sep-09 14:59:10

Thanks every one - what great ideas. Will try a combo of them.
love the way MN can solve all problems know to woman smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now