Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a 7 year old boy

(7 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Sat 12-Sep-09 08:46:04

I'm planning on making some xmas pressies this year, my 3yo niece and 6mo nephew will be easy and I've got loads of ideas for them, and my dd, but what about my 7yo nephew? I was thinking of knitting him a scarf, but would 7yo boys like that sort of thing? Any other ideas? No idea what boys of that age are into really!

YouLukaSimplyAmazing Sat 12-Sep-09 12:18:14

Great idea. I may be doing something similar.

What about making some pots of gloop up in various colours? Or better still, some recipes for making it himself with the correct quantities of ingredients measured out into bags/containers?

gloop recipes here

MrsMagnolia Sat 12-Sep-09 18:48:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blametheparents Sat 12-Sep-09 19:21:23

DS's gran made him a scarf in the colours of the rugby team that he plays for, he was really pleased with it (he is 8 btw)
She also made a small scarf for his teddy who is now the team mascot.

JoInScotland Thu 17-Sep-09 16:58:48

Bean bags. Particularly in things which are a bit "scary", like frogs or spiders. Just make the body out of two circles, and add as many legs as the creatures have. You can use plastic pellets (machine washable) but failing that, you can fill them with rice or real beans. Kids love them! It's nice to have 2 so you can play "who can throw the beanbag onto the target/farther/etc" but not necessary. Cotton or fleece work well.

southeastastra Thu 17-Sep-09 17:01:00

knit him an adipose

lunavix Tue 22-Sep-09 13:49:55

ooooh I like the adipose :D I wonder if there's a pattern!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now