Talk

Advanced search

Removing trod in play doh in a rug?

(8 Posts)
billysitch Tue 08-Sep-09 19:35:52

Anyone got any ideas about removing the trod in play doh in our lounge rug? It is a very big rug and I have already tried and failed to get it into the freezer as recommended by my inebriated sister!

Any clues greatfully recieved. blush

Have to say tho, the play doh marathon held in teddy's honour was a good 'un smile

missmaypole Tue 08-Sep-09 19:40:28

Wait until it dries completely - couple of days at least and then pick out with a pin.

mermalaid Tue 08-Sep-09 19:40:45

have you tried bag of ice cubes or an ice pack? I think there is some spray you can buy for freezing off chewing gum... although I think it may be easier to leave it till it all dries up and then try brushing it out with a stiff brush

southeastastra Tue 08-Sep-09 19:45:03

it stains i reckon, have some blue that even the vax didnt get out

sarahken Wed 09-Sep-09 21:20:39

I have a shag pile rug and in the past have been known to just cut out the affected areas grin

billysitch Fri 11-Sep-09 09:01:30

Thanks all, still trying to get it out it is now completely dry (we did it a week ago) off to try the ice cubes next, failing that it is going to stay put, picking it out with a pin will be reserved as the final onslaught accompanied by a glass of vino!

Muchos

billysitch Fri 11-Sep-09 09:02:32

souteastastra, by the way it is the blue which has stuck here too, the yellow has come out all by itself, maybe there is something seriously naughty about the blue doh? wink

sarahken Sat 12-Sep-09 18:54:15

probably like the blue paint my son got on the rug this week, yellow and red came out fine but took tons of stardrops and elbow grease to get the blue out! strange

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now