Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration thread - what are you working on/planning?

(13 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Sat 05-Sep-09 18:57:15

Hi all.

I thought I'd start a thread for inspiration, where people can post their projects, current, past and future and get ideas. I'm just getting back into sewing but love all sorts of crafts, just lack the inspiration for things to do. I'm hankering after making this, just need to get round to getting some fabric as I don't have anything in stash yet.
So, what are you working on, planning, or have finished? Any ideas welcome!!!

CheerfulYank Sat 05-Sep-09 19:05:04

Oh that'll lovely! Wish I could sew! You should make a barn and I'll buy it from you. Would be a wonderful "quiet play" toy for DS to take to church.

I've been matting and framing vintage children's book illustrations to use as nursery art. (And adding buttons, etc.)

CheerfulYank Sat 05-Sep-09 19:06:40

That'll be lovely, I meant

kiwibella Sat 05-Sep-09 23:05:59

cheerful yank - your altered art sounds deelish!!

WidowWadman Sat 05-Sep-09 23:09:25

I've recently made this and am now working on a bright pink twirly dress for myself. Not that I'm any good, mind. I'm just glad that you can't see shoddyness of lines/seams on the photos

vInTaGeVioLeT Sun 06-Sep-09 21:55:59

ooh nice stuff - i'm rubbish at sewing and spend more time shouting at my sewing machine than anything else blush but i do like fiddling about with bits and pieces i'm making these altered bottles just now and have been making lots of flowers from fabric.

dizzyday07 Sun 06-Sep-09 23:08:40

I think I might be doing a Christmas Fair so need to think about what to make to sell!!

DD starts Reception on Tuesday so I'll have no excuse really.

I have an idea to make DD and DS a quilt for Xmas (plus one for my cousin's boy) so I need to crack on with those too shock

kiwibella Mon 07-Sep-09 22:30:56

ooh, dizzyday... let us know what you decide. I am thinking about doing one too. I have plagarised lots of ideas. I have inspiration. I just need to sort my stuff out so I can get started.

FlyingMonkey Wed 09-Sep-09 09:43:32

I am building up the courage to try and make a pair of curtains for my baby's room. I'm still rubbish with the sewing machine though so am afraid of butchering £40 worth of fabric that I bought from Japan!

kiwibella Fri 11-Sep-09 13:03:42

flymonkey.... do it!! It's not difficult to sew a straight line grin. Use an iron on your folds to make it easy.

What do builders say: measure twice and cut once?

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 11-Sep-09 23:59:20

i made my Dp an anniversary present blogged here

jemart Sat 26-Sep-09 23:26:46

I'm working up to starting a quilt - hand stitched. It is going to take ages which is why I've not started yet. Still in planning stages. Twill be epic.

FenLondon Mon 28-Sep-09 20:52:46

I finished a dress for dd to wear for the Goodwood revival last weekend- was really pleased with it, think a lot of it's down to the lovely Liberty print fabric. So now I'm back to "That japanese doll quilt", which I'd love to finish by Christmas, but then I just bought a bundle of Liberty fabrics with which I might make her a cot quilt... My house is full of UnFinished Objects...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now