Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a cloak pattern. Any ideas?

(7 Posts)
dancingnakedintherain Fri 04-Sep-09 23:13:29

I want a cloak, full and flowing so looking for a pattern for an adult. Any ideas of good patterns or companys that do patterns. I want to custom it so pre-made no good.

TIA

dancingnakedintherain Sat 05-Sep-09 10:45:37

bumping for the morning lot.

kiwibella Sat 05-Sep-09 23:05:09

I'm sorry, Dancing... what do you mean? A winter coat type-of-cloak... or a magicians type-of-cloak?

I have made the latter for my dd (when she was younger) and simply sewed up a very large square before stitching in elastic across the top and adding ribbon ties.

But, I don't think that's the sort you mean grin.

DEMifnotwhynot Sat 05-Sep-09 23:27:41

grin not a wizard cloak. An old fashion full length cloak....

Do i have to sketch what i mean?

DEMifnotwhynot Sat 05-Sep-09 23:29:12

um - regularly name change. Dancing is one of my names there are others so sorry if i forget to put the right coat on before posting.

weegiemum Sun 06-Sep-09 01:39:11

Hi there!

My cloak I was talking about elsewhere is about 3/4 length, made in panels, with hood and arm slits. Its very full, lined, made of a rusty colour of tweed, so pretty warm (I'm in Scotland and lived up north for many years) and it lovely.

I am off to bed now but will look to see if I have any pics of it - not sure I do, now I think of it.

My Gran was a dressmaker and did it years ago for me. She made up the pattern herself I think, but she died a coupel of years back (otherwise she's have the old singer out and be pedalling away to make one for you!)

DEMifnotwhynot Sun 06-Sep-09 01:42:31

Sounds lovely. Was suspecting i might have to develop my pattern making skills for this project. Will have to put on todo list for half term me thinks. love a good challenge, me

Sleep well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now