Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to make raffle tickets, I mean make the tear-off bits using a sewing machine?

(9 Posts)
MadreInglese Wed 02-Sep-09 10:36:06

I need some raffle tickets for a charity event and have had the barmy idea of just printing them myself and then 'sewing' the lines (with no cotton of course!) to make the tear-off parts. Then I'd just staple the 'book' together down what would be the spine.

I'm thinking it would be quite quick and easy, and of course the cost would be tiny compared to getting them professionally printed (which I'd like to avoid, but don't really want just generic raffle tickets).

Would this work or am I nuts? Has anyone else done this, or is there another way?

Rubyrubyruby Wed 02-Sep-09 10:38:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GrapefruitMoon Wed 02-Sep-09 10:41:44

You can order custom-made raffle tickets online quite cheaply. I also think you are mad to consider making them yourself! Think of the time involved rather than the cost...

MrsBadger Wed 02-Sep-09 10:42:04

you are mad

if you are selling them at the event surely you don't need specially-printed ones, just buy 'cloakroom tickets' from a stationers / newsagent / pound shop

if you really need specially-printed ones I'm sure it;d be much easier to perforate them by hand with a tracing wheel than feed them through a sewing machine

FimbleHobbs Wed 02-Sep-09 10:49:59

At work we have a guillotine (well I think technically its a 'trimmer') that does perforated lines - could you borrow one of these from anyone?

MadreInglese Wed 02-Sep-09 11:20:30

LOL

Ok, I'm barmy grin

Honestly though, it would take the same amount of time for me to use a sewing machine than to use one of those pizza cutter thingies (I do like the look of them though, might check out the craft shop)

We're selling them at the event but most people will have gone by the draw time so we wanted something that people can write their name & number on, and general tickets are a bit small for that. I wonder if you can get larger plain tickets...

Will also check out online stuff, really wanted to spend nothing if poss though.

Thanks all

Rubyrubyruby Wed 02-Sep-09 12:06:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadreInglese Wed 02-Sep-09 13:31:22

Great! Thanks ruby, they're actually very reasonably priced.

moocowme Fri 04-Sep-09 18:39:06

yes we used to make them n our sewing machie for our charity. but we did have to buy a special stamper that automatically incremented the numbers on the stamp. although this was many years ago now so i would probably buy them if they were cheap these days as it was a lot of work double checking all the numbers etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now