Talk

Advanced search

Want a pattern for toddlers trousers and don't want to spend £10

(8 Posts)
janx Mon 31-Aug-09 17:39:49

Patterns seem so expensive and I don't feel confident enough to take a pattern from another pair....anyone know of a cheap place for patterns online. Ds is 20 months - thanks

kiwibella Mon 31-Aug-09 17:43:52

google this. I remember a blog whereby the women simply drew around her boy's trousers to make the pattern. I haven't bookmarked it though

dutchmanswife Mon 31-Aug-09 17:54:47

This site has free patterns for toddlers.

www.make-baby-stuff.com/free-baby-clothes-patterns.html

janx Mon 31-Aug-09 19:20:33

Thanks - have you made any from that site dmw?

JackBauer Mon 31-Aug-09 19:22:10

This is what you want I think it is what kiwibella was talking about, very quick and easy with an elasticated waist. I've made about 10 pairs so far, including ones for presents.

janx Mon 31-Aug-09 19:57:14

That is great JB - I thought the front and back would be different shapes though iyswim? Did they come out nice?

kiwibella Mon 31-Aug-09 21:32:36

that's it JB... lovely site! Janx... if you look at the pictures of the instructions you do cut at an angle across the top of the trousers which would make the front (or back?) shorter.

I want to make an ipod cover now!!!

JackBauer Mon 31-Aug-09 21:51:19

Just for you the second post down is some of these trousers for a present, and the cherry ones I did for DD are cut shorter so they are knee length.
I have made long ones with turn ups that I have fixed with small stiches so I can keep adjusting them for ages.
I think the front comes out marginally shorter but they are really forgiving in size as they aren't too tailored IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now