Talk

Advanced search

plain keyrings with chain - where to get?

(9 Posts)
DottyDot Mon 31-Aug-09 10:10:28

Another Christmas making idea of mine... hmm We were at a craft fair yesterday and ds's both loved (and made me buy) some knitted licorice allsorts on keyrings... Sounds odd but they look great and I reckon will be fairly easy to make, so I could do one for all the kids we know.

Does anyone know where the best place is to get plain keyrings with chains so I can attach a homemade knitted allsort (or I might branch out and do something else!) to it?

Thanks! grin

JackBauer Mon 31-Aug-09 19:34:03

Ugh, I have been looking everywhere for the same thing. I am assumign you don't want the plastic frame bits that are hanging of every single search result for 'keyring' or 'keyfob'?!

JackBauer Mon 31-Aug-09 19:36:15

Hah! 'Split rings with chain' is what you need!
phew, that's been driving me nuts all day!

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 19:41:48

does this help

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 19:44:44

you could get a bag of jump rings for nothing to attach to it, but you will most likely need plyers (spelling?) i think my mum solders them again (spelling?)

DottyDot Tue 01-Sep-09 14:22:17

Thank you!! I followed a link via e-bay and have ended up buying 5 (being cautious!) keyrings with chain - the type you unscrew and screw on.

I then spent yesterday evening knitting a licorice allsort which didn't come out quite right but as a prototype isn't too bad - good enough for ds2 to like anyway! grin

Next step - refine the allsort and start on a carrot...

cookielove Tue 01-Sep-09 15:11:14

can you post a picture?

DottyDot Thu 03-Sep-09 11:15:13

Yes - can try to do tonight - do you want a picture of the keyring or the misshapen liquorice allsort?! grin

gorionine Thu 03-Sep-09 11:24:42

baker ross catalogue? Oh, same link as cookielove, sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now