Talk

Advanced search

get your thinking caps on.. what can i do with.......

(7 Posts)
suzywong Tue 31-May-05 07:40:27

A5 size black plastic trays, the kind meat comes packed on in supermarkets only black and haven't had meat on them (yuck).

It's my turn to do craft at playgroup for 15 kids 18mo-4. We have the attendant glitter and pipecleaners and the like but what can be made with these black rectangular polystyrent type things as a base?

What would you make?

Fran1 Tue 31-May-05 08:35:16

Do you have the facility for water play too? Cos check that they float (they normally do) then you can make boats!

You need a stick and material or decorated paper as the sail,and the children can decorate the rest of the boat as they wish with glitter etc

suzywong Tue 31-May-05 10:42:31

OH you're good, you're very good!

I will do that weather permitting, thanks

bossykate Tue 31-May-05 10:59:02

spiders, beetles - pipecleaners for legs/antennae, decorated with glitter etc.

Whizzz Wed 01-Jun-05 19:38:19

you could cut out bat or spider shapes or maybe decorated batman type masks ?

hunkermunker Wed 01-Jun-05 19:39:18

Are they rectangular? Can you take milk-bottle tops and pipe cleaners and things and turn them into robots?

cheekychops03 Sat 04-Jun-05 18:36:58

Took my little one to a craft group the other day where they used something similar, stuck paper plates to them and pretended they were steering wheels (the plastic bit being the dashboard). DS thought it was fantastic and takes it in the car now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now