Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone make seating plans for weddings?

(11 Posts)
geordieminx Thu 27-Aug-09 14:11:30

I'm after a seating plan for our (small) wedding - trying to decide whether to do it myself or pay someone to make it - does anyone on here do them?

TIA

Iklboo Thu 27-Aug-09 14:13:44

I did it myself on a Word document (drew lots of the boxes, put peoples, names on them and then dragged & dropped them around until we had a version where nobody would kill anyone we were happy

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBadger Thu 27-Aug-09 14:15:52

depends what you want

I did it myself on the computer (same typeface as I used for the invitations), had it printed at A1 (flipchart size) and used spray glue to put it on a mounting board

but if you want hand lettering and ribbons and roses and stuff, I have no idea.

MrsBadger Thu 27-Aug-09 14:20:05

mmj I think she migth mean something like this, not help with who to sit where

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 27-Aug-09 14:23:57

I made one like Mrs badgers link for our wedding.

Floopy21 Thu 27-Aug-09 14:26:20

We put all tables/names in photo frames, different pretty jewelled/shell ones, etc. They looked lovely on a little table together & you can source them all from friends & family.

geordieminx Thu 27-Aug-09 14:39:27

I know its v poncey, we werent going to have one, but have a v small room with 42 guests - 3 lots of (step) families, so we decided to tell everyone where to sit - but the thought of 40 people walking round the room looking for their name was hideous - receipe for carnage - hence the seating plan.

Was thinking of something like this

thisweathersajoke Thu 27-Aug-09 14:57:00

Hi,

My wedding was for 42, and because of step parents etc not wanting to sit on a top table, we had one large table and this way was able to seperate them quite well.

We did a table plan on a large white peice of card, decorated with pictures.

Def recommend it to keep people apart/match up people that you think will get on etc.

Good luck

Stigaloid Thu 27-Aug-09 15:04:07

So easy to do yourself and print off. Although that kit for £22.99 looks do-able and affordable. I wouldn't pay someone else to do it.

I think i just did mine on PC, nice font, a couple of pretty motifs and enlarged it on a colour copier to A3 size. The wedding venue should have a board for it to go on.

Congrats by the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now