Talk

Advanced search

Air drying salt dough??

(6 Posts)
tassisssss Tue 25-Aug-09 20:15:16

Is there a recipe for salt dough that air dries or do I have to bake it?

I'm thinking of an autumn craft that involves sticking matchsticks into a ball of salt dough to make a hedgehog...is this going to work? Would I have to buy air drying clay?

Thanks.

tassisssss Tue 25-Aug-09 22:03:34

bump

threeandcounting Tue 25-Aug-09 22:20:59

Hi! That sounds like a good idea!

I make salt dough by mixing 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of cold water together. Make what you want, then leave on the window sill for a couple of days (remembering to turn it over or it might go soggy on the bottom wink!

In nursery we rolled out the dough, then imprinted our hand onto them, leaving them to dry and then painted them. Turned out not too bad! smile

tassisssss Wed 26-Aug-09 20:21:10

thank you, i'll give it a try

ja9 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:38:34

i've used that recipe (at least it's very similar if not that exact one) to make mr potato heads at ds party. have made one a few days ago and it still isn't dry... i'm worried all the cocktail sticks will just fall out when the dough has dried...

random Thu 27-Aug-09 18:41:22

I left my dgs salt dough creations outside to dry in the sun ..but forgot about them and it rained on them ...oops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now