Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3D writing ?

(24 Posts)
Whizzz Wed 25-May-05 19:17:19

I'm probably being thick here, but is there a type of pen I can use to create a 3D look ie. words 'standing up' from the paper ??

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 19:28:46

Theres loads
I' just go and get them to give you the names

Whizzz Wed 25-May-05 19:30:27

See, I knew I was being thick ! Just wondered what to be looking for when I trawl Hobbycraft again ! I did look last weekend but couldn't see anything obvious.

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 19:43:40

Ok
Marvy - they do Wet Looks you can write with them they come in packs of different colour. When you've written withem you sprinkle clear embossing powder over the writing and emboss with the heat gun
You can use these for colouring in your rubber stamping same thing sprinkle the ebossing powder and made you picture 3D
Next
3D crystal lacquers pen OK not too impressed more for filling in peel off.
Next
Appli glue - Ok same as 3d crystal lacquers
I'd go for the first one it's more like a felt tip.
Theres proberly more but these are the ones I've got

Dingle Wed 25-May-05 19:43:45

I believe the most popular are something like Sakura 3D gelly glaze pens!!

Whizzz Wed 25-May-05 19:45:14

£D gelly glaze pens sound good !
I didn't really want to try embossing powders & hear guns just yet ! One step at a time

Whizzz Wed 25-May-05 19:45:32

heat guns not hear guns!

Dingle Wed 25-May-05 19:46:48

These ones are out of stock, but will give you an idea of what else is available.

here

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 19:47:19

Yep I hear gel pens are great.forgot about them I've never used.

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 19:53:12

no wonder there out of stock there're cheap & the colour are gorgeous

champs Wed 25-May-05 20:10:03

OMGosh the glaze pens are brill!! I have some and love them. look around though as prices vary considerably!

btw, heat embossing is not as tricky as it sounds and is quite easy to do. I have a spare heat gun you can borrow if you'd like.

champs Wed 25-May-05 20:11:50

carolinet -- your not wrong the price was fantastic, cheaper than some 5pks!!

Dingle Wed 25-May-05 21:01:14

I heard there was 10% off ATM and thought I'd place an order, but on looking through, nearly everything I wanted was out of stock too!!!!

champs Wed 25-May-05 21:08:49

nvm dingle, save your pennies for the next month special, if it's anything like this one it will be good.
thanks for the link I had been looking at this site but didn't know it had an online shop. hmmmm you really know how to tug my debit card

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 21:10:37

Just thought
I've just tred my Zig - 2 way glue pen the one with the felt tip
I wrote happy birthday then sprinked ultra fine glitter it look great only thing is you'll have to wait a bit until it dries

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 21:16:07

Pens are about £2.00 I prefer the felt nip as againt the biro type nib you have to press it a few times until the nip turns blue
Ultra fine glitter is about £1.99
I don't see any reason why you can't use embossing powder you don't need to heat gun it it should dry to the glue

champs Wed 25-May-05 21:26:17

but then it wouldn't go shinny.

I have those glue pens, abs fantastic. I got the thin one and the big fat one

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 21:35:36

Ye your right she'd be better with the ultra fine glitter.

champs Wed 25-May-05 22:18:53

have you seen those really fine glitter glues carolinet? they come out so nice on demos but look like a splodge when I don it.

Carolinett Wed 25-May-05 22:25:40

I'm just no good at anything free hand so it won't be a blob with me it would be a total card disaster.
I use them for filling in peel off I got some lovely leave peel off & fillied them with the fine glitter. I'll post one tomorrow if I've got any left I sold loads

champs Wed 25-May-05 23:24:07

well done!
I have a soft spot for heat embossing.

have thought about trying more with glitter tho.

I have this really nice glittery clear embosing powder, it looks really nice when set.

Whizzz Thu 26-May-05 19:34:15

ooo thanks folks !
makes me want to go and and SPEND !
I need more stuff !!!!!!!

SoupDragon Fri 27-May-05 15:33:08

Embossing powder sticks fine to glue. I've got some lovely embossing powder that's white with kind of traviolet colourd bits in it. It is absolutely gorgeous but looks absolutely pants when you heat it!! I use it a glitter with glue instead.

champs Wed 01-Jun-05 13:59:49

dingle -- new monyh special has been added. 50pk A6 Single Fold Card Blanks/Envelopes White, £7.76

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now