Talk

Advanced search

knitting patters

(7 Posts)
Boblina Wed 05-Aug-09 18:10:26

Hi everyone, where do you get your knitting patterns? My mum loves to knit for my DS and is now knitting for number 2 but she would like to knit something new. We have looked at the library but have not found any new book, the craft shops sell the book but they seem expensive and you could only like one or two things. Where do you get yours?

Jemli Wed 05-Aug-09 18:13:39

I buy the debbie bliss baby books. There are some good ideas in there and they are not too expensive. The Debbie Bliss wool is lovely and washes really well. I knited loads of stuff for my baby boy from the patterns. Now I just customise the designs to make them a bit different.

cassell Wed 05-Aug-09 18:24:16

there are quite a few free baby knitting patterns available online if you do a search so you could try that.

PrincessLayer Wed 05-Aug-09 19:06:03

www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php

Suerock Thu 06-Aug-09 22:43:37

I've recently been introduced to Ravelry. There are lots of free patterns on there, and also reviews and photos of things people have knitted from books. It's good for checking out whether you want to buy a book before committing yourself to buying it online.

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Aug-09 13:05:29

I started with Debbie Bliss but have now got a Sirdar book with about 20 patterns in it. It was only £6.99 from the shop and the wool is cheaper than Debbie Bliss too (though the colour range probably isn't as good).

I have both a John Lewis and an independent sewing/knitting shop locally.

chamaeleon Fri 07-Aug-09 19:36:58

I browse amazon or book shops then ask the library if they can order it for me, they often have the book in another library in our county and here it costs 60p to have it brought to you. I also use the freebie patterns, use old patterns but with different colours or edgings. Or look for used magazines on ebay. Or <gets carried away> browse for subscription deals where you can get 3 magazines for a pound or similar. Thats all I can think of atm. Oooh, etsy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now