Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know of anywhere cheap online to buy a sewing machine?

(7 Posts)
bubblerock Tue 24-May-05 20:29:55

I have just sold some bits and bobs on Ebay and have about £50, I thought I'd be able to pick up a cheap machine on Ebay but they seem to be really expensive! I don't want anything fantastic but don't want one of the little toy like ones. Does anyone know of anywhere online that have cheaper ones?

If not I guess I'll have to raid DH's wardrobe to raise some more cash on Ebay

jenthehen Tue 24-May-05 20:44:16

Don't know about online but I got a great one for £50 last year from lidl. they do sometimes repeat offers so perhaps worth a look. I think the make is Viking.

bubblerock Tue 24-May-05 20:51:07

Cheers Jen, I'll have a look and see if there's a Lidl near me. I just feel a bit creative but I'm not sure if it's a passing faze, really don't want to waste to much money.

Chandra Tue 24-May-05 20:51:44

Where are you located Bubblerock? I was about to put mine on ebay (it costed me 80 in ebay last year, so isused but in full working condition). If you are near to me and can pick it up you can have it for 50. Send me CAT if you are interested.

jenthehen Tue 24-May-05 20:59:41

Thats exactly how I felt, so far I've only made a pj case but it is v pretty if i say so myself.since having dd2 i haven,t found the time.

Chandra Tue 24-May-05 22:24:18

Same here, added a trim to my curtains and end of story...

bubblerock Tue 24-May-05 22:30:11

Hi Chandra, I'm in sunny old Blackpool

Are sewing machines a bit like exercise bikes and soda streams then? Always feel like a good idea at the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now