Talk

Advanced search

Sainsburys Fabric Paints - no instructions

(12 Posts)
clumsymum Mon 27-Jul-09 18:16:55

These were on offer today, 25% off for 18 colours.

Now I'm not an arty crafty type person, so have no idea how they work.

Do you just paint onto a tee-shirt then let it dry? Does it have to be fixed with an iron?

I'm thinking both ways, how to make it colour fast if ds likes his handy work, and can we wash it out if it goes wrong?

clumsymum Mon 27-Jul-09 21:09:30

Bumping hoping someone from the crafting fraternity is here ..

KirstyJC Mon 27-Jul-09 21:11:44

Sorry, no help, except I misread your thread title and wondered why anyone would need instructions to use fabric pants....blushgrin.

kiwibella Mon 27-Jul-09 23:06:02

I think it is best to wash the fabric first. Afterwards... yes, usually need to set the ink with an iron but not directly on the fabric - under a cloth or greaseproof paper.

That sounds like a good deal - how much were they after the discount clumsy?

clumsymum Tue 28-Jul-09 10:07:15

Hi Kiwibella,

They were £5.45 I think, sainsburys own brand (Imagination Station). I used nectar points, so they cost me nothing.

I do think it's poor that they have no instructions at all (apart from suggesting your child wears an apron to protect clothes when using them. Doh, now I wouldn't have thought of that ....)

dizzyday07 Tue 28-Jul-09 15:50:55

maybe you could contact head office (through the website) and "complain" and you never know you may get a little something as compensation !

clumsymum Tue 28-Jul-09 18:10:12

dizzyday, I have just composed a message to them.

Here's hoping ...

Thanks

kiwibella Tue 28-Jul-09 21:10:03

come back and tell us clumsymum. Good thinking dizzy grin.

clumsymum Tue 28-Jul-09 21:13:59

Oh meant to say, my Mother's Help picked up some white tee-shirts in Tesco for 75p each.

So That's quite a cheap activity for the hols then.

JackBauer Tue 28-Jul-09 21:24:26

Some generic instructions here which should work for any brand.

Sounds really good deal though, cool. I would love to try it but DD's are 1.10 and 3.5 and it would juts be asking for trouble.

kiwibella Tue 28-Jul-09 22:00:16

go for it Jack... hand splodges on tea-towels - get in early for Christmas grin.

JackBauer Tue 28-Jul-09 22:18:10

OOh, have been thinking of christmas presents. I normally do food but I could sew some leftover fabric make teatowels and use as wrapping paper. genius!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now