Talk

Advanced search

Look at me and my first ever sewing project

(12 Posts)
TeaMonster Sat 25-Jul-09 20:00:11

I am every so pleased and rather smug about the result here

I have never sewed as my mother is an expert and always insists on doing it for me or wants to give me a step by step guild - there is only her way to do things grin

So come and pat me on the back........................... please smile

JustKeepSwimming Sat 25-Jul-09 20:03:25

I would say well done you and can you make me 2?!
grin

TeaMonster Sat 25-Jul-09 20:41:46

Does no one else like thm sad I am a bit of a no mates

Febes Sat 25-Jul-09 20:45:30

Cool idea!! Good recycling. I wish I could sew.

TeaMonster Sat 25-Jul-09 20:51:15

Febes Anyone can if I can. I have put it off as my mother is a know it all. I am ever so proud.

TeaMonster Sun 26-Jul-09 08:41:08

I am needy - show me the love

Fayrazzled Sun 26-Jul-09 08:59:35

They're fab. I've just started sewing too and I really enjoy it: it's so satisfying to make something yourself isn't it? My mum was a great seamstress too so it's taken me a long time to have a go. I made a roman blind for the children's room and I was so proud of it even though it wasn't perfect.

I had a peep at your blog too. It is lovely- you sound like a fab family. I hope you have a wonderful summer. My son is due to start reception too, so this summer is bittersweet for me too.

DutchOma Sun 26-Jul-09 09:34:26

They're wonderful. And what a lovely blog too.

TeaMonster Sun 26-Jul-09 11:18:22

Thanks for the wonderful comments about the sewing and the blog.

Fay I think we are obviously cut from the same cloth. I just want to be a bit more creative and frugal, green and so bits around the house.

The blog is to try and show the boys what we do over the summer and also record some of the ideas adn craft things we do.

I am learning to see the joy in the small things

TwoIfBySea Mon 27-Jul-09 16:31:51

Pat on the back and a thumbs up to you TeaMonster - now what is your next project?

TeaMonster Mon 27-Jul-09 18:54:47

Well I have made pavement paint today - on the sewing side, I need my mum to rethread everything again!!!!

Want to make some tabbards for the boys, but need to get some more material and also fancy making a picnic type rug, crayon role, tea towels to print on, cushions oh the list is endless.

Both boys used their smocks today and they worked really well - see here

kiwibella Mon 27-Jul-09 23:11:03

I want to be you TM.

I really want to be you grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now