Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

crafts using natural materials - ideas??????????

(10 Posts)
ionesmum Sat 21-May-05 20:22:02

I'm about to move home and have some large walls to fill on a budget. I'd like to make some pictures or hangings using natural materials - leaves, moss, pebbles, shells, wood etc. - and maybe some arrange some diplays of similar. Does anyone have any ideas on projects I could make?

TIA!

ionesmum Sat 21-May-05 21:59:00

bump

champs Sun 22-May-05 00:20:05

a family tree made with real leaves and photo's of family members might work well.

Skribble Sun 22-May-05 00:26:02

Oh no just remembered that woman on property ladder sticking rose petals to her wall to make sell better, I guess this not the type of thing you were aiming for.

hi5 Sun 22-May-05 08:29:52

Scrap canvassing looks good, there's an article in quick & crafty which is a bit girly but there is a web address where you may get ideas.
Three or four big canvasses embellished with natural materials - use polyfilla for texture, very strong glue for flat pebbles, small tiles, hessian, fibres - how about chunky knits? Try asking a carpet shop for any old tile/carpet catalogues, same for wallpaper.

hi5 Sun 22-May-05 08:37:00

have a look at this

ionesmum Sun 22-May-05 12:30:31

Thanks, champs, that's a good idea. My dd1 might be able to help, too!

Lol, skribble! No, definitely not what I had in mind!

hi5, thank you, this is exactly the sort of thing. I saw a beautiful hanging in our local gallery, it was made from wood, tufted wool, and pebbles knotted on with yarn - it was gorgeous but at a thousand pounds well beyond my wildest dreams! Your ideas are spot-on and I have had a quick look at that site - it looks like it will be very helpful and am off to have a good look round now!

Thanks again!

champs Sun 22-May-05 21:49:32

no probs!!

hi5 -- rememember something like that from a mag. that site is really nice (yep I had a nosey!!)

hi5 Sun 22-May-05 21:50:46

Have you got an IKEA or an Au Natural near you ionesmum? You can pick up good selections of natural materials - as long as you can avoid buying anything else too.

ionesmum Wed 25-May-05 13:30:14

No, I'm in the sticks so no Ikea. We don't even have M&S! Haven't heard of the other shop before. I've been trawling ebay and have found some bits on there that look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now