Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Inkjet Rub On Transfers

(13 Posts)
Whizzz Tue 17-May-05 19:50:02

Has anyone used these. I saw them somewhere on a website. You print whatever using an inkjet printer onto the transfer sheet & then you can rub them off onto cards etc.
I'll try & find a link but wondered how good they were.

Yorkiegirl Tue 17-May-05 20:08:55

Message withdrawn

Whizzz Tue 17-May-05 20:23:03

Yes I've seen the T-shirt ones - but this is specifically for printing onto cards (like the rub on gold / silver transfers that you can buy)

Dior Tue 17-May-05 21:05:34

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Tue 17-May-05 21:10:41

I thought from a list of crafty cheats, you print as a mirror image onto the shiny side of an inkjet transparency and press onto your paper. You might need to fix it afterwrads,I can't remember. Be careful because the ink doesn't stick to the shiney side of the transparency slide - it'll go all over your fingers etc (done this before at work )

champs Tue 17-May-05 22:21:03

soupy, saw this in the mag too, does it work? can i use accetate?

SoupDragon Wed 18-May-05 09:23:25

I've not tried it as I can't find where I've hidden the ink jet transparency slides!!

It should work with acetate though. That's all the slides are - with a special coating on the usual printing side to stop the ink sliding off but that's not the side you want to use for this.

champs Wed 18-May-05 14:37:38

will give it a try soon and let you know.

Whizzz Wed 18-May-05 18:25:47

Heres a Link to the cunning transfers !

Whizzz Fri 03-Jun-05 18:57:14

I bought a pack of the Safmat film from Lettraset and it's very good ! 10 A4 sheets in a pack. Print on it with an inkjet printer (set on transparency setting) cut out the design, peel off the backing & its self adhesive. With a bit of careful rubbing, the edges of the sticker 'fade away' so you can't see them.

champs Fri 03-Jun-05 20:39:55

oooo I was looking at them in the catalogue, are they reusable whizzz?

Whizzz Fri 03-Jun-05 22:37:07

Nope 'fraid not - you just print, cut out the bit you want & stick! Plan it well & you could get a lot of stickers out of 1 sheet of A4 though. Greetings, designs, photos etc.

champs Fri 03-Jun-05 22:47:26

hmmmm, may add to pay day wishlist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now